1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 8, 2012 6:54 AM by Jurgen De Leijer-Oracle RSS

Issue with Generic Service

Roshni Shankar
      Hi All,

Can anyone tell me the meaning of "Event Driven" collection schedule in OEM

Actually I have created one generic service in OEM and defined the avialability definition as "Service Test". I created this service test based on a web service WSDL. Then after some time I stopped the web service and verified the status of my generic service went down. But then when I again restarted this web service it didn't go up and the current status of my generic service is down. I am not understanding whst can be the issue with this.

Thanks in Advance!!
        • 1. Re: Issue with Generic Service
          Jurgen De Leijer-Oracle

a couple of things you might want to check:

1.     Can you do a Verify service test and see what's the status it returns ? Goto Service Home Page - > Monitoring configuration -> service tests and beacons - >Select the test -> Click on verify service test - >Perform test.
          2.     Also can you check if the availability time stamp in General Section of the Service home page is in sync with the current time stamp.

If both are ok, I'd ask to file a service request so we can trouble shoot in detail through support.

R, jurgen