This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
First, there is no need to relocate the system jdk. Part of your problem is more likely the result of a known limitation which is caused by the System PATH and/or CLASSPATH containing special characters like the parenthesis in (x86). So, do the following:
Before you start, be sure that your machine has a static IP address. If it does not, you will need to install the Windows loopback adapter. Read the Installation Guide and System Requirements for more details.
1. Clean up from your failed installation attempts. Be sure to also remove the C:\bea folder assuming no other product is using WLS.
2. Uninstall the 64bit jdk then reinstall it where you prefer it. I would recommend its default location.
3. Open a Notepad session and leave it open as a holding place to paste the following information.
4. Open the System properties. Computer > right mouse click > Properties > Advanced System Properties > Environment Variables
5. Locate PATH in the system variables and cut all of the values to the clipboard and paste them in the Notepad session you just opened above. Save this information for later.
6. In the PATH value, set it to the following, be sure that the path to the jdk is correct for your installation:
7. You will need the "generic" WLS download if you plan to run 64bit. This will be a jar file rather than an exe. Assuming you are using WLS 10.3.6, open a DOS window and start the installer as follows:
<blockquote>java -jar C:\PathToJar\wls1036_generic.jar</blockquote>
After you have completed the WLS installation and the FMw installation and configuration, you can reset your PATH back to the way you desire.
You are correct sir.. Worked great.. The service request folks are clueless about this issue. In fact, I will paste this answer into the service request. Thanks again..
I would just like to add that after I installed Forms and merged my original path with the new path I still had issues. When starting the weblogic server console I would get "/amd not expected at this time" inside the command window. Come to find out the issue was was occurring in the setDomainEnv.cmd file just before this "if" statement below. Even though the execution was not stepping inside the if statement, SERVER_NAME = AdminServer not WLS_REPORTS, the %PATH% line was causing the issue. Long story short, I took the merged path and changed everything that had spaces or parenthesis to the short version. In Windows you can open a command window and type "dir /X" to get the short version of directory. For instance I had this in my path "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64 and changed it to c:\PROGRA~2\AMDAPP~1\bin\x86_64
if "%SERVER_NAME%"=="WLS_REPORTS" ( set EXTRA_JAVA_PROPERTIES=-Xms256m -Xmx512m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Djava.ext.dirs=C:\Oracle\Middleware_oraforms\oraforms_home\jdk\jre\lib\ext -Doracle.security.jps.config=C:\Oracle\Middleware_oraforms\user_projects\domains\ClassicDomain\config\fmwconfig\jps-config.xml -Doracle.home=C:\Oracle\Middleware_oraforms\oraforms_home -Ddomain.home=C:\Oracle\Middleware_oraforms\user_projects\domains\ClassicDomain -Doracle.instance=C:\Oracle\Middleware_oraforms\oraforms %EXTRA_JAVA_PROPERTIES% set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=C:\Oracle\Middleware_oraforms\oraforms_home\lib;%LD_LIBRARY_PATH% set PATH=C:\Oracle\Middleware_oraforms\oraforms_home\bin;%PATH% set TNS_ADMIN=C:\Oracle\Middleware_oraforms\oraforms\config )
Thank you for the update.
The path issue was planned to be fixed in 220.127.116.11. I have not tested it yet, but I believe it did make it in the patch. The new patch is available on OTN and MOS. More details can be found in the Announement I posted on top of this forum (the Forms forum).