4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2012 3:13 AM by Duncan Casemore RSS

API for person type and assignment status creation

Hi,

Can some one please share APIs for person_type and assignment_status creation

Regards
        • 1. Re: API for person type and assignment status creation
          Hi,

Please clarify that whether you want to create or update for an existed person. Hope this is to update. You can use the below API's.

HR_PERSON_API and HR_ASSIGNMENT_API

Regards,
          NSS
          • 2. Re: API for person type and assignment status creation
            Hi NSS,

Thanks for your immediate revert but I dont want to update record for any person. I want to create the master data...... per_person_types (not per_person_type_usages_f ) and per_assignment_status_types (not per_all_assignments_f)

Regards,
            Shampa
            • 3. Re: API for person type and assignment status creation
              clive_t
              As far as I am aware, there is no API for either of these entities - usually there are not enough rows to be created which would justify an API. If you needed to automate the configuration of this, I'd suggest investigating the use of a keystroke-emulator such as DataLoader.

Clive
              • 4. Re: API for person type and assignment status creation
                Duncan Casemore
                Like Clive says, there's no API for these two.

But it's not all bad news. In fact, I'd say it's good news: what's the one thing better than an API? FNDLOAD!

Both Person Types and Assignment Status Types can be loaded via FNDLOAD and here's two examples of how to download them:
                FNDLOAD apps/apps 0 Y DOWNLOAD $PER_TOP/patch/115/import/perdpt.lct vision_pt.ldt PER_PERSON_TYPES BUSINESS_GROUP_NAME="Vision Corporation"

FNDLOAD apps/apps 0 Y DOWNLOAD $PER_TOP/patch/115/import/perast.lct vision_ast.ldt PER_ASSIGNMENT_STATUS_TYPE BUSINESS_GROUP_NAME="Vision Corporation"
                This extracts Person Types and Assignment Status Types for a given Business Group - in this case 'Vision Corporation'. You can omit the BUSINESS_GROUP_NAME parameter if you want to extract all Business Groups.

And then to load them:
                FNDLOAD apps/apps 0 Y UPLOAD $PER_TOP/patch/115/import/perdpt.lct vision_pt.ldt
                FNDLOAD apps/apps 0 Y UPLOAD $PER_TOP/patch/115/import/perast.lct vision_ast.ldt