This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 1:08 PM by JoyceScapicchio RSS

Tools -- Database Export generates blank file on 3.2.20.09.087

MichaelR64 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am trying to export the schema's objects by using Tools -- Database Export without selecting any of the data.
It generates no output.
Halfway in the process at step 3 of 5 i can select which objects to export, however this screen shows nothing while it normally should list the objects.

I think it has to do with wich (system)tables the user from the connection needs to access in order to populate this list.

Can somebody tell me what tables/views the connection needs ?
  • 1. Re: Tools -- Database Export generates blank file on 3.2.20.09.087
    rp0428 Guru
    What user's objects are you trying to export? What user are you connected as?

Can you see the user's objects in the navigation tree? Can you export an object from the tree?

Do some other testing and provide more information about what works and what doesn't work.
  • 2. Re: Tools -- Database Export generates blank file on 3.2.20.09.087
    MichaelR64 Newbie
    I am trying to export all objects.
    I am connected not as sys or sysdba, just a regular user.
    Yes i can see all objects and export e.g a table form the navigation tree.

I didn't say this because i had no problems with these.

So basically everything else works its just the export doesn't.
  • 3. Re: Tools -- Database Export generates blank file on 3.2.20.09.087
    JoyceScapicchio Journeyer
    To export a table you need to own the table or have select on the table. Also, if you do not own the table you should have select_catalog_role. If you do not have select on the table or own the table, you will not be able to the find the object using the Specify Objects step of the wizard. If you can find the object, you still may not be able to export it unless you own the object or have select_catalog_role.

On the Specify Objects panel, you must click on Lookup to get the list of objects. If you are trying to export objects in another schema, you have to click on More, select the schema and then click lookup.

Still have problems, please describe exactly what you are doing and clicking in the wizard. Indicate what privieleges you have. Also try to find the object using view-> Find DB Object and report what you did and the results.

Joyce Scapicchio
    SQLDeveloper Team

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points