3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2012 10:53 AM by 953835 RSS

How do I "turn on" an EAC agent only instance/server?

As a follow on to this thread: How do I create an "EAC agent only" instance?

I had lots of problems setting up the "EAC agent only" instance, as you can see from previous threads. I got every thing working, but I guess I didn't understand every thing I ended up doing.

The instance got rebooted/recycled as part of an upgrade, and now the dgraph process is not starting. Actually I have no idea how to start it. I assumed it was started by the EAC control/central instance. But EAC doesn't seem to be running on the agent only instance, so there is no way for any EAC commands to get sent over.

I was working with the assumption that the agent only instance didn't need any configurations. And I never documented manually starting EAC on this agent only instance.

Am I just suppose to start PlatformServices / EAC with the same command as I use on the EAC central/control server?
      "cd $HOME/endeca/PlatformServices/6.1.3/tools/server/bin"
      "nohup endeca_run.sh &"
        • 1. Re: How do I "turn on" an EAC agent only instance/server?
          gose - oracle
          In version 6.1.2 of Platform Services, you start it with:

source /home/gose/endeca/MDEX/6.2.2/mdex_setup_sh.ini
          source /home/gose/endeca/PlatformServices/workspace/setup/installer_sh.ini
          $ENDECA_ROOT/tools/server/bin/startup.sh

Platform Services will run as an EAC Application Controller if the following file exists:

$ENDECA_CONF/conf/Standalone/localhost/eac.xml

If you remove that file (or if it doesn't exist), the installation will run as an EAC Agent.
          • 2. Re: How do I "turn on" an EAC agent only instance/server?
            sabdelhalim
            Hi both of you,
            a complementary comment,
            once the http_service is started (ie EAC agent is up and running) you'll be able to start dgraph process remotely from the ITL (EAC Central Server)
            using ./runcommand.sh Dgraph stop/start
            regards
            Saleh
            • 3. Re: How do I "turn on" an EAC agent only instance/server?
              This is what I was looking for.
              In that directory I only have eac-agent.xml, which must have gotten created/poplated as part of the install process.
              <!-- Context configuration file for the EAC Agent -->
              <Context
              path="/eac-agent"
              docBase="/your-path-root/apps/endeca/PlatformServices/6.1.3/tools/server/eac-agent-6.1.3.654721.war"
              debug="0"
              privileged="true">
              </Context>
              Edited by: EndecaJoe on Nov 9, 2012 8:52 AM

Edited by: EndecaJoe on Nov 9, 2012 8:53 AM