This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 6:56 PM by matthew_morris RSS

OCA Hardcopy is not yet received even after 8 months over

652388 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear Sir,
With the raised SR # 23692803,
I have not got Oracle Certificate Hard Copy so far. Really it is frustrating me much.

I have completed the Oracle (OCA) certification on 24th Mar 2012, still waiting (09-Nov-2012), almost 8 months. But didn't get my hard copy in my hand. Oracle is seems to be very bad in shipping the certificate to the end user.

1st Exam Completed, 1Z0-007-ENU-OTC: Introduction to Oracle9i: SQL on 16 Jul 2011
2nd Exam Completed, 1Z0-147-ENU-OTC: Program with PL/SQL on 24 Mar 2012

Could anyone kindly help me to reach the appropriate person to get it done at the earliest. Thanks!!!

Regards,
Subramanian G

Edited by: Subramanian G on Nov 8, 2012 12:57 PM
  • 1. Re: OCA Hardcopy is not yet received even after 8 months over
    matthew_morris Expert
    First of all, please remove the Testing ID. Posting it here does nothing but make private information public. If you don't obscure it, the moderator will.
    I have completed the Oracle (OCA) certification on 24th Mar 2012, still waiting (09-Nov-2012), almost 8 months.
    But didn't get my hard copy in my hand. Oracle is seems to be very bad in shipping the certificate to the end user.
    I have received over a dozen certificates from Oracle with no problems. They are very good at shipping them out. Once it leaves their hands, however, they have no control over the certificate being delivered. Eight months is a long time to wait. What have you done so far (other than posting this message and opening the SR)? Have you created a Certview account? If so, what information is shown there? Does it indicate that you passed the exams and that the certificate was sent? If it was sent more than 45 days ago, then Oracle will likely confirm your shipping address and re-send the certificate. If not, there is some other problem that must be resolved.
    Could anyone kindly help me to reach the appropriate person to get it done at the earliest. Thanks!!!
    Have you read and followed the instructions in the 'Where is my Certificate' thread at the top of this forum? That contains detailed instructions on exactly what steps you should take.
  • 2. Re: OCA Hardcopy is not yet received even after 8 months over
    652388 Newbie
    Hi Matthew,
    Thanks for your reply.

Recent Updated: SR# 497386-207082558

Sorry that I gave my Testing ID, which I have removed now. Yes. Am the member of Oracle Cert View Login. There am able to see my certificate logo, which I have downloaded successfully.
    I have got the soft copy in mail as when I was requested. But the main problem is with Hard copy which I have not got yet in my hand after 8 months over.

In Oracle Cert View, it seems to be that they have shipped the Hard copy in the same address, but I have not got in my hand. I have provided my office address for the certificate to be shipped. Is there any way to track the Oracle Certificate Shipment in a well manner? Or Is there any other way to get the Oracle Certificate directly from some local Oracle (Mumbai) University? Please guide me. Thanks in advance for your help.

Warm Regards,
    Subramanian G
  • 3. Re: OCA Hardcopy is not yet received even after 8 months over
    matthew_morris Expert
    Or Is there any other way to get the Oracle Certificate directly from some local Oracle (Mumbai) University?
    My understanding is that all certificates are shipped from Oracle corporate. They do not ship from the training locations.

Is there any way to track the Oracle Certificate Shipment in a well manner?
    This question was raised on the forum a couple of months ago. Brandye (the forum administrator) indicated that the shipper used does not provide shipment tracking. I don't know who they use internationally. I live in the US and so receive certificate shipments via US mail. If you have opened an SR and provided a different address, they will likely make a second shipment to that address. If you don't get a response to the SR in a couple of days, then add a note to this thread to that effect and Brandye will be able to check on it for you.
  • 4. Re: OCA Hardcopy is not yet received even after 8 months over
    652388 Newbie
    Hi Morris,

I have already raised SR and confirmed them the mailing address (my office address).

Following are the two email Id's in which I was doing regular follow up with ORACLE to get my Hardcopy:
    edus_in@oracle.com &
    srvap_a@amts625.us.oracle.com

Last week also I have sent one more mail on the above two Email Id's with the updated SR #. They asked again me again to confirm the mailing address., have confirmed the same via email.
    Additionally I tried to reach Oracle Customer Care Support, they always says me to check with Local Oracle University, again am not sure what is the exact Contact # for local Oracle University.

Also I have checked the Certification Status -> Success Kit Status in the following URL which was showing the Shipment History as follows:
    https://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/ocp_interface.success_kit

1st Shipment happened on 26 Mar 12 with the given office address, and
    2nd Shipment happened on 30 May 12 with the same office address,

But I am wondering still with the two shipments happened on the exact office address, how come the OCA Hard copy has not reached the given office address, my office is always opened 24 x 7 with the Security Guards who always receive the couriers/post etc in time. Really I am not sure what is going wrong in the shipment.

I am eagerly waiting to get the hard copy in my hand as it is required to show new employer in my job career. Please let me know, if you want, I can provide you my personal mobile # as well as my office address.

It would be really grateful if any one extend the help here to get the HARD COPY (OCA) in my hand.
    Thanks again..once again am requesting you to do the needful.

Regards,
    Subramanian G

Edited by: Subramanian G on Nov 12, 2012 1:55 AM
  • 5. Re: OCA Hardcopy is not yet received even after 8 months over
    matthew_morris Expert
    It would be really grateful if any one extend the help here to get the HARD COPY (OCA) in my hand.
    At this point, it's probably best for Brandye (the forum admin) to weigh in.
    I am eagerly waiting to get the hard copy in my hand as it is required to show new employer in my job career.
    Until the hardcopy issue is resolved, you can use Certview to publish your credentials to a third party. Essentially this sends an email to whatever address you like (which can be your own, if you'd like) indicating your Oracle certification credentials. This is generally acceptable to employers.
  • 6. Re: OCA Hardcopy is not yet received even after 8 months over
    652388 Newbie
    Hi Brandye,

Please help me to get the hard copy of OCA in my hand. It would be really grateful if you solve my issue. Once again thanks!!!

Regards,
    Subramanian G
  • 7. Re: OCA Hardcopy is not yet received even after 8 months over
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    Hi Subramanian,
    I am sorry that you have not yet received your certificate. There are some local mail systems with which we struggle in getting certificates delivered. My suggestion would be to try having your certificate sent to a different address. Update your address at pearsonvue.com/oracle and submit a new SR at http://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/OU_SUPPORT_OCP.home?p_source=OCP, indicating that you've updated your address and you'd like to have your certificate reshipped to the new address.

Hopefully that will get you certificate to you.
    Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 8. Re: OCA Hardcopy is not yet received even after 8 months over
    652388 Newbie
    Hi Brandye Barrington,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I don't want to change the address, because if no one available at my home local (Mumbai) address, then, it will not be delivered in hand. The only best solution is office address which I was given similar in both PearsonVue & Oracle profile.

Even am ready to go and get my Hard copy from the local (courier) office address or from local Oracle university address in Mumbai.

Please let me know if you want I can provide you separately my mobile # to sort out this pending issue. Once again am requesting you to give more attention on this issue in order to resolve my problem at the earliest. Thanks again!!!

Warm Regards,
    Subramanian G
  • 9. Re: OCA Hardcopy is not yet received even after 8 months over
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    Subramanian,
    I am not able to personally sort this issue out for you, as I do not have your personally identifying information and I strongly recommend against posting it on a public forum. I suggest that you contact Oracle Certification Support again and in your request, ask for an escalation - indicating that it has been 8 months and you've had 2 previous tries at shipping. They will help you get this sorted out.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 10. Re: OCA Hardcopy is not yet received even after 8 months over
    652388 Newbie
    hi...
    Could you please give the contact number of Oracle Support [India]. Please give any mail id's also to reach and to inquire them.

Regards,
    Subramanian G
  • 11. Re: OCA Hardcopy is not yet received even after 8 months over
    matthew_morris Expert
    The contact Brandye is referring to is the Oracle Certification Program (OCP) Support Form:

http://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/OU_SUPPORT_OCP.home?p_source=OCP

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points