This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
Please post the details of the application release, database version and OS.
What am I doing wrong?Looks like those ports are used. Do you have anything running on this server? Have you tried to reboot the server and see if this helps?
Checking the port pool 21
RC-50221: Warning: Port Pool 21 is not free. Please check logfile /t01/product/db126.96.36.199/appsutil/clone/bin/CloneContext_1109082932.log for conflicts.
Target System Port Pool [0-99] : 0
Checking the port pool 0
RC-50221: Warning: Port Pool 0 is not free. Please check logfile /t01/product/db188.8.131.52/appsutil/clone/bin/CloneContext_1109082932.log for conflicts.
Target System Port Pool [0-99] : 11
Checking the port pool 11
RC-50221: Warning: Port Pool 11 is not free. Please check logfile /t01/product/db184.108.40.206/appsutil/clone/bin/CloneContext_1109082932.log for conflicts.
Please also see (While running DB Tier clone:Checking the port pool xx, Failed on RC-50221: Warning: Port Pool yyyy is not free [ID 1273091.1]).
Hussein Sawwan wrote:Server was re-booted. No Change.
Database - 220.127.116.11 - OS - zLinux - s390 - SLES - 11 - SP1Thanks.
Application - 12.1.2 - OS - Linux x86_64 - SLES - 10 - SP3
Did you reboot the server as requested above? Do you have any services running on this server?
Please also review the doc and update the thread then.
Here is the issue - The Database server has three listeners on it - one for the two instances - lets call it LISTENER on port 1521 - and two - one for each APP that it hosts the Instance for - lets call these LISTENER_DBAPP1 on port 1532 and LISTENER_DBAPP2 on port 1542
Whenever I've run the perl adcfgclone dbconfig (after a datafile copy is complete and the instance is brought up), I've always had all three listeners running.
I've never had this problem before where if I gave the portpool of 21 for DBAPP2, it would not accept, and then fail.
Thursday onwards, this did not work.
In additon, the dbconfig deletes the SPFILE and the init.ora file (requiring me to take a backup of each of these files before I start the dbconfig process)
This morning, I found an prior database context file from a previous clone, and passed that in as a parameter (perl adcfgclone dbconfig DBAPP2_hostname.xml) and this worked.
There were entries in the log file about the portpool 21 not being free - but after the dbconfig process stopped the LISTENER_DBAPP2 for the 'ApplyDatabase' portion of the dbconfig, it completed succesfully.
I checked the FND_NODES table and the entries are what I would expect to see after a succesfull DB/Autoconfig run.
This puzzles me - but for now my issue is resolved.