5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 7:23 AM by User245677 RSS

OIM 11g R2: Prepopulate adapter for Disconnected Resources

User245677
      Hi all,
      I created and configured a disconnected resource in my OIM 11g R2 environment.
      Following this document http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E27559_01/admin.1112/e27149/disconn_resources.htm#CHDIHFGC I was able to successfully create, provisioning and revoking a disconnected resource.
      After that I had to customize the disconnected resource form. To do this I executed the steps below:
      1. activated the same sandbox that I used to create the disconnected resource
      2. from Form Designer search form I searched and opened the disconnected resource
      3. created custom fields
      After that I clicked on Regenerate View button in order to visualize custom attributes during disconnected resource provisioning.
      Also in this case the provisioning and deprovisioning processes were successful.
      Now I have to prepopulate a disconnected resource form filed. My question is: where I can associate a prepopulate adapter to a disconnected resource form field?
      I found no documentation about and so, I tried to accomplish this in the OIM 11g way, but without success.
      Here I summarize followed steps:
      1. using Deisgn Console --> Form Developer
      2. looked for disconnected resource form
      3. created new version
      4. added and configured a prepopulate adapter
      5. activated the new form
      6. performed a test

I also tried to regenerate form view once again, but without any effect.

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks,
      Daniele
        • 1. Re: OIM 11g R2: Prepopulate adapter for Disconnected Resources
          User245677
          Hi all, I have some news....
          I implemented the prepopulated adapter and linked it to the disconnected resource form field.
          As described in my previous post, I achieved this following the following steps:
          1. using Deisgn Console --> Form Developer
          2. looked for disconnected resource form
          3. created new version
          4. added and configured a prepopulate adapter
          5. activated the new form

In order to make this configuration active for disconnected resource you have to:
          6. look for and open disconnected application instance associated to disconnected resource
          7. click on "Create" form button
          8. chose a form name and save
          9. click on "Refresh" form button
          10. select form the drop down the form just created
          11. click on "Apply" button

NOTE: before steps from 6 to 11 execution, make sure you have made form active in design console (step 5). Infact, when you create new form for application instance, OIM uses the last active form as "template"

Note that prepopulate adapter fires after you submit the catalog form. It means that during request process, the field associated to a prepopulate adapter is not filled with a value.
          If you want to fill it during the request process, I think you have to customize application instance form in a different way.
          I opened a SR to clarify this procdure. As soon as support gives to me any suggestion I'll update this post.

Bye
          Daniele
          • 2. Re: OIM 11g R2: Prepopulate adapter for Disconnected Resources
            Hi every one,

Note that prepopulate adapter fires after you submit the catalog form. It means that during request process, the field associated to a prepopulate adapter is not filled with a value.
            If you want to fill it during the request process, I think you have to customize application instance form in a different way.
            I opened a SR to clarify this procdure. As soon as support gives to me any suggestion I'll update this post.

Is there any information about this issue ?

Thanks.
            Best Regards.
            • 3. Re: OIM 11g R2: Prepopulate adapter for Disconnected Resources
              User245677
              Hi JuniorOimDeveloper,
              support has not answered me yet. I'll keep you updated as I know more about it.

Regards,
              Daniele
              • 4. Re: OIM 11g R2: Prepopulate adapter for Disconnected Resources
                Abhishek Tripathi
                Check this link- http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E27559_01/dev.1112/e27150/uicust.htm#BABHHBGJ.

This is how u have to do it if u want values to appear on the form at the time of request.

Also check sections : 30.4.1.1 Avaliable EL Expressions in the User Context and 30.4.1.2 Available EL Expressions in the RequestFormContext in http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E27559_01/dev.1112/e27150/uicust.htm#autoId20. You can use expresssion language in the field 'Value' of the component to auto populate it.

Edited by: 972324 on Nov 20, 2012 12:39 PM
                • 5. Re: OIM 11g R2: Prepopulate adapter for Disconnected Resources
                  User245677
                  Hi,
                  thank you for your suggestion.
                  I read the documentation, but I didn't find any solution compliant to customer requirement.

Thanks anyway :)
                  Daniele