4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 2:19 PM by Jai Om RSS

Combo LOV firing mandatory field validation

Jai Om Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I am using Jdev 11.1.1.6.
My VO is entity based. I have 3 fields in this VO as F1, F2, F3
All 3 fields are mandatory.
F1 has model based Combo Lov implemented. List Attribute lookupId from LOV is returned to F1 and List Attribute lookupDesc to F2.
F2 is mandatory and editable. Idea is that default text is returned by lov and then user can update the description.

Scenario 1: <does not work>
At runtime, in create mode, when I try to select a value for this combo lov, it fires mandatory field validation for F2 (only for F2 and not F3) and does not show list of values. I can not make it to show list until enter some data in F2.
<af:inputComboboxListOfValues> has autoSubmit="true" and immediate="false" and F2 has partialTriggers="id of F1"

Scenario 2: <works>
For test purpose, if I make F2 read-only then it works perfectly but F2 is editable and mandatory as well.
<af:inputComboboxListOfValues> has autoSubmit="true" and immediate="false" and F2 has partialTriggers="id of F1"

Scenario 3: <works>
On other pages, I have implemented combo lov where the lov is implemented on reference field and returning the value to only Id column and not to any other field. This scenario works perfectly even with mandatory fields present on page.
<af:inputComboboxListOfValues> has autoSubmit="true" and immediate="false".

Thanks,
Jai

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points