3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2012 4:42 PM by user10757003 RSS

Locked POV Email

I am using the batch loader, and I have emails being sent based on the lngStatus. If a file is loaded through the batch loader, to a POV that is locked, but the current POV is open is there a way to send an email stating a file is being loaded to the locked POV?

I have tried to use .intLockState in the batch loader script, but an email is not sent.

Locked POV - LOC1,Jul-2012,ACTUAL
      Current POV - LOC1,Oct-2012,ACTUAL

• 1. Re: Locked POV Email
          Are you using something like the following (taken form a custom script to validate current period):-

Set objStatus = API.MaintenanceMgr.fProcessStatus(strLoc, strCat, strPer)
               'Check If POV is Locked
               If objStatus.intLockState = 60 Then

depending on where the code to send e-mails is, you would probably need to set the strloc/strcat/strper based on your file name. Other things to consider would be whether the users POV mode is global or local, and also whether the system is locked to prevent users on-line changing the POV (especially if global)
          • 2. Re: Locked POV Email
            Thanks for the reply.

I have the code in the batch script, and I was using

With API.MaintenanceMgr.fProcessStatus(CStr(strLoc), CStr(strCat), CStr(strPer))

If .intLockState = 60 Then

Is it still possible to set strLoc,strCat, and strPer based on the filename using a batch script?
            • 3. Re: Locked POV Email
              I would have thought so. Try by hard-coding a known location / category / period that is locked to prove it before adding the code to use the file name info.