This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
Backup the file on the primary, restore to the standby, recover.
1 person found this helpful
969752 wrote:What is the version you are using?
i have lost one datafile on my standby ,how to recover it ,this file is created when primary database is in noarchive mode (before i set up the data guard) ,so i can't use alter database create datafile statement bocz i dont have all the archive log to recover it ,
plz help me out to solve this ..
Even though your primary database is in noarchive log mode before configuring data guard, still its not a problem. Follow high level steps as below
1) Take missing datafile on primary using RMAN (or) you can use tablespace backup with traditional method
2) copy that datafile from primary to standby system
3) Ensure you have properly set for DB_FILE_NAME_CONVERT(bounce required), and set standby_file_management to manual
4) take the dummy file and rename with the new file(step 2) by using alter database create command
5) later change standby_file_managment to auto & start MRP