This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2012 12:39 AM by 946552 RSS

Automation of BOM

946552 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Gurus,

My requirement is as below, please advise the possible solution or scripts for importing to automate the process to eliminate manual work, client currently using manual to cross verify item codes in the system and manual entering the not existing item codes, customer item, customer item cross reference, BOM, Valid pricing in purchasing, if there is no valid sourcing i.e., blanket agreement going to get new pricing from the suppliers.

After above process my Client is processing BOM for the customers, all bove steps they are entering manually, sometimes our client loosing business because of this slow process, any ideas/ advises are highly appreciated from this forum to automate entire process, steps as below:

Receives BOM Quotation from Customers
Cross check with Item codes in existing system
Cross check Customer Item codes in system
Cross check Customer Item cross reference in system

After above steps finishes, need to upload the BOM in system
Valid pricing of PO, if not going to get Suppliers Quotation to get valid pricing

After all above steps Order should have been processed to next steps, currently lot of manual intervention is involved to do entire process. already I have Item migrating, customer item, x-ref script but not there remaining steps to automate.

Please advise

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points