This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2012 8:53 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

SLA Pre-Upgrade program

user9338712 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear all,

We are in the process of upgrading 11i to 12. Regarding R12 Pre-Upgrade program (R12 SLA Pre-Upgrade program) . i Client is asking to upgrade for all the years during the upgrade and ignore doing only the fiscal year during the upgrade.Is there any metalink note which gives information about the time duration for this SLA upgrade. ?.

For example.. for this size of data, this much of time will be taken.

Please advise
  • 1. Re: SLA Pre-Upgrade program
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    There is no MOS Doc that will give you timings for your upgrade, as the timing will depend on how much data you have, what modules you are using and the capacity of your hardware resources. The only way to determine timing is to perform a test upgrade on test hardware that is identical to your production hardware.

R12.0 and R12.1: FAQ for the SLA Upgrade: SLA Pre-Upgrade, Post-Upgrade, and Hot Patch [ID 604893.1]

HTH
    Srini
  • 2. Re: SLA Pre-Upgrade program
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    user9338712 wrote:
    Dear all,

We are in the process of upgrading 11i to 12. Regarding R12 Pre-Upgrade program (R12 SLA Pre-Upgrade program) . i Client is asking to upgrade for all the years during the upgrade and ignore doing only the fiscal year during the upgrade.Is there any metalink note which gives information about the time duration for this SLA upgrade. ?.

For example.. for this size of data, this much of time will be taken.

Please advise
    There is no such a document as this depends on how much data you are migrating, the number of modules you have, and the number of CPUs/workers you are using. I did a similar upgrade before many times and it took almost 30 minutes to migrate the data for one year.

Any reason you want to use the SLA-PreUpgrade program rather than the SLA-PostUpgrade program? If you use the latter, you do not need to estimate the time for migrating the data as the SLA Post-upgrade can be done after the upgrade (since it can be applied online after you go live).

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points