This content has been marked as final. Show 8 replies
I need to now how can i create a new database from the RMAN Full Backup , is it possible or not? and if possible how?
prove me wrong,
Edited by: Azar on Nov 11, 2012 10:14 PM
create new one , No , Restore from Full backup Yes or duplicate using rman.
Yes, it is possible.
Read below link :
How to Create New database using RMAN backup
Yes its possible, If you check RMAN backup/restore documentation from net you can find details.
Please also see:
How To Make A Copy Of An Open Database For Duplication To A Different Machine [ID 224274.1]
High level steps are..
1. Get the source database pfile.
2. Move it to the new server where you want to do the restore.
3. Edit pfile to update several parameter paths.
4. Start the database instance
5. Restore controlfile from the RMAN backup using RMAN.
6. Mount the database
-- Make sure datafiles directories are available.
6. Restore database and recovery until cancel.
7. alter database open resetlogs
Step by step :