This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 1:39 AM by yoonas RSS

Oracle Forms - KFF issue

574337 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I have developed custom form and enabled the Accounting Flex-Field on one field. I can able to select/modify new account from flex-field. After changing the existing account and save the record, I got the message '' on task bar. However the new Cod Combination ID not saved into the table. (The GL_CCID is the column that stored the code combination id).

I have refered below URL to create/enable flex-field column:
http://www.oracleappshub.com/aol/how-to-use-key-flex-fields-kff-in-forms/

Appreciate help.

Regards,
JAK
  • 1. Re: Oracle Forms - KFF issue
    yoonas Expert
    Hi,

First of all you better post it on dedicated forum for oracle e-business sute.

Are you trying to save a new code combination? What message are you getting when you are saving the record?

Regards
    Yoonas
  • 2. Re: Oracle Forms - KFF issue
    574337 Newbie
    Thank you for reply.

Not trying to save new code combination. If the combination exists then wanted to save the ID of new selected combination. When I selects the new combination and save the record then got message: 'Transaction complete: 1 records applied and saved'.

Regards,
    JAk
  • 3. Re: Oracle Forms - KFF issue
    yoonas Expert
    Hi,

When you are modifying the record any other record is getting updated ? form is updating that and giving you message for that?

If you modify some other values ,is it getting updated?

Please give more info like master detail record, manual update if there is anything like that is happening.

Regards
    Yoonas
  • 4. Re: Oracle Forms - KFF issue
    574337 Newbie
    Yoonus,

I have resolved the case by writting the code on ON-UPDATE trigger.

For your information, earlier, when we changed the account and click Save button then message has been showed at task bar i.e. Transaction Complete: 1 records has been saved'. However, that changed does not reflect into table. No other field(s) gets assigned by any value. So there is no question about other record updation or so.

Thank you.

Regards,
    JAK

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points