This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2012 4:40 AM by Daniel Atwood RSS

BPM 11g: customizing payload field formatting in human task UI

Joonas Linkola Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

Using JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.

We have a number of human tasks for which we have generated forms and customized their appearance. Several form fields contain currency values and these values are by default displayed as standard numbers without any formatting, e.g. "123456789.0".

How can we customize the number format so that the user would see a properly formatted currency field, e.g. "123 456 789,00" (digit grouping and correct number of decimals), but the value submitted to the payload would still be in the format expected by BPM? Is this something defined on the ADF page or in the task / payload details?

Regards,

Joonas
  • 1. Re: BPM 11g: customizing payload field formatting in human task UI
    Daniel Atwood Oracle ACE
    Hi Joonas,

Not sure what your locale is, but here's how you could do this for a US currency field where the locale is "en-US".

Click the currency field on the ADF form's design -> click the ADF's source tab -> edit the "convertNumber" attribute for the field in the source as shown below:
    <af:inputText 
              value="#{bindings.Salary.inputValue}"
              label="#{bindings.Salary.hints.label}"
              required="#{bindings.Salary.hints.mandatory}"
              columns="#{bindings.Salary.hints.displayWidth}"
              maximumLength="#{bindings.Salary.hints.precision}"
              shortDesc="#{bindings.Salary.hints.tooltip}"
              id="it24">
      <f:validator binding="#{bindings.Salary.validator}"/>
      <af:convertNumber type="currency"
              locale="en-US"/>
    </af:inputText>
    Hope this helps,
    Dan
  • 2. Re: BPM 11g: customizing payload field formatting in human task UI
    Joonas Linkola Journeyer
    Hi Dan,

Thanks for your answer. I tried adding the af:convertNumber tag to the fields before but the page wouldn't load after this and I got an error message in the server logs. I don't currently have access to the development machine so I can't check what the exact error was, but I think the payload datatypes are not compatible with the tag. Is this something that must be changed in the process or task details? My background is more in ADF than BPM so I'm not very familiar with working with payload data.

Regards,

Joonas
  • 3. Re: BPM 11g: customizing payload field formatting in human task UI
    Daniel Atwood Oracle ACE
    You're right that working with the human task data control is a little different than the ADFbc you're probably used to - know you know this but the page's failure to load is probably due to a typo in your source text.

My guess is that you'll spot the issue yourself when you get you development environment back up, but if you need more help:
    1. Check the syntax of your input text for the field. Paste it in here if you want another set of eyes looking at it.
    2. Look at your log file and note the error that caused the page not to load.
    3. What kind of element is the field? It can't be a string if you're using "currency" for the "type".

Dan

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points