This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 12:04 PM by 847251 RSS

Issues with instaling Weblogic.server

973783 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear all,

while installing Weblogic i got stucked where I had to create a new WLS domain and start WLS. I created domain outside the MW_HOME (I use Windows) and I typed
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java.exe %JAVA_OPTIONS% -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m weblogic.Server

But it constantly giving me back this error:
D:\Projekti\Nereids_dmn\base_domain>D:\programi\java\bin\java.exe -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m weblogic.server
Error: Could not find or load main class weblogic.server

As you see, I did not put anything in the place of %JAVA OPTIONS% (sincerely, because I don't know what to put there) but after giving the shortcut i just copied the -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m weblogic.Server.
Can anyone suggest me what is missing here?

Thanks in advance.
Ursa.
  • 1. Re: Issues with instaling Weblogic.server
    847251 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Funny, I had this EXACT same problem this morning myself. I did some more digging and while I don't know what step we both missed that properly adds the jar to the environment or whatever, I did find the workaround that'll get you going. You need to invoke the jar in which the weblogic.Server class is found. Assuming you've set up the WLS_HOME environment variable during the install (I followed these instructions myself - http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/12c/weblogic-development-only-installation-on-oracle-linux-5-and-6-12cr1.php) then you can set up your domain by using the following command:

*$JAVA_HOME/bin/java $JAVA_OPTIONS -jar $WLS_HOME/server/lib/weblogic.jar weblogic.Server*

You can add whatever memory conditions you want before the -jar flag. That'll start the configuration and allow you to proceed with creating the domain.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points