This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 5:33 PM by user12294571 RSS

Need more info on EO,VO and AM *.java files

user12294571 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
HI,
Friends and experts I need your help in learning OAF.
I am new to OAF and want to know more info about the following java classes.

When I created a simple search page with EO, VO and AM, the following java classes are created.
I want to know
what is it?
what we do with that ?
where we use that?
Any sample scripts if possible?

EOImpl.java
Please correct me if I am wrong,I know that we use this one for manipulating data for a particular row ,operations such as getattribut,setattribute, delete ,update, insert. There are various methods got created when you create the EO if you select options on the " Generate Method " during step 4 on EO wizard.

EOCollImpl.java
???

VOImpl.java
???

ViewRowImpl
???

AMImpl.java
????

Thanks
Sri.
  • 1. Re: Need more info on EO,VO and AM *.java files
    keerthioaf Expert
    Hi Sri ,

EO :
    Entity Objects are basically based on one table which encapsulate the business rules. These objects are used by OAF page to perform update/insert/delete operations .
    Inside EOImpl.java you will find setter() and getter () methods in java we call it as accessor and mutator , each attribute in EO is mapped to column in the data base table .
    You can also generate a create () method Validate () method .
    Eg : To get the sequence value in OAF you can use Create() method .

VO :
    VOImpl (VO) : It just consist of an Data base sql query , you might have noticed while executing a query eg : VO.executeQuery() ;
    to perform any validation it provides iteration over and access to the view rows in its result set.

VoRowImpl : Represents a single row in a view object .

You will understand better when you writing a code using voimpl /voRowimpl objects

AmImpl :
    It basically performs the Business logic , we will define all our methods to implement business logic .
    Eg : you can call a method from controller and define the method Amimpl.java , you can use of initializing the query or
    you do DML operation , etc ...

In summery : The main reason why we have java file distribute across EO , VO , AM is because OAF is designed with MVC design pattern ,
    in other words we have to isolate the responsibility of code in each layer ( Model , View , Controller ) .Its bad practice to write
    the entire code in one single class file .

Eg : Controller class should accept the parameter from user and pass these parameters BC4J files ( AMImpl.java ) and its Job of the AMImpl.java
    to perform the business logic and return the result back to to controller .

To enforce the coding standard of MVC design pattern we have these java files EO , VO , AM , CO . with more practice you will understand the various
    methods defined in each of these java files .

Keerthi
  • 2. Re: Need more info on EO,VO and AM *.java files
    user12294571 Newbie
    As usual , Thank you so much Keerthi.
    This is really helpful for me .

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points