This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2012 7:14 AM by endecaChip RSS

Using Endeca SEO in ATG

Ravi Honakamble| Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

Does anyone worked on using Endeca SEO in ATG? I have tried it and works with base setup but facing some issue with Nucleus namespace while configuring misc-path.

For Testing purpose I have configured SEO components in ATG DAF framework.

Example:
ATG\ATG10.1.1\DAF\Endeca\Assembler\config\atg\endeca\url\basic\SeoUrlFormatter.properties
ATG\ATG10.1.1\DAF\Endeca\Assembler\config\atg\endeca\url\basic\StringFormatterChain.properties
ATG\ATG10.1.1\DAF\Endeca\Assembler\config\atg\endeca\url\basic\SeoNavStateFormatter.properties
ATG\ATG10.1.1\DAF\Endeca\Assembler\config\atg\endeca\url\basic\SeoDimLocationFormatter.properties
ATG\ATG10.1.1\DAF\Endeca\Assembler\config\atg\endeca\url\basic\BasicUrlFormatter.properties
ATG\ATG10.1.1\DAF\Endeca\Assembler\config\atg\endeca\url\basic\BasicQueryBuilder.properties
etc...

ERROR MESSAGE From the JBOSS Log:
---------------------------------------------
09:46:05,353 ERROR [nucleusNamespace.] Unable to set configured property "/atg/endeca/url/basic/SeoDimLocationFormatter.key" atg.nucleus.ConfigurationException: Unable to resolve component /atg/endeca/url/basic/product.category
---------------------------------------------
SeoDimLocationFormatter.properties
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$class=com.endeca.soleng.urlformatter.seo.SeoDimLocationFormatter
$scope=global

key=product.category  -- This is causing the Issue...This is getting treated as another component reference but SeoDimLocationFormatter has key as Object type
appendRoot=true
appendAncestors=true
appendDescriptor=true
separator=-
rootStringFormatter=StringFormatterChain
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone has samples on misc-path definition in ATG?

Help will be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Ravi
  • 1. Re: Using Endeca SEO in ATG
    Kishore Bellamkonda Newbie
    Hi Ravi,

I started working on Endeca SEO in ATG. i followed spring discover-electronics SEO implementation and created ATG components Accordingly .

i'm able to generate the Endeca SEO URLs. But the problem is not able to get the results.

please let me know what would be the root cause ?

Thanks,
    -Kishore
  • 2. Re: Using Endeca SEO in ATG
    Ravi Honakamble| Newbie
    Hi Kishore,

It would be problem with your configuration. I don't see any problem with seeing SEO url's and results associated to it for base configuration but facing problem while configuring advance SEO features like config-path. Is it possible for you to share the components created using Spring App?

Regards,
    Ravi
  • 3. Re: Using Endeca SEO in ATG
    sameerdh Newbie
    1) set key to a property..

SeoDimLocationFormatter.properties

key=ProductCategoryKey

2) create ProductCategoryKey.properties

ProductCategoryKey.properties
    $class=java.lang.String
    $instanceFactory=/atg/dynamo/nucleus/ParameterConstructorInstanceFactory
    $constructor.param[0].value=product.category
    $constructor.param[0].type=String

Hope it helps... for more details refer Oracle docs.

Sameer
  • 4. Re: Using Endeca SEO in ATG
    endecaChip Newbie
    Just weighing in here. To create site URLs, the current revision of the Endeca Sitemap Generator (v2.1.1) uses Spring configuration. Specifically, the Endeca Sitemap Generator does not know how to consume UrlFormatter configuration specified using Nucleus. As such, if you configure your UrlFormatter (and associated classes) with Nucleus, then you will need to manage two separate versions of your UrlFormatter configuration: a Nucleus version for your application and a Spring version for the Sitemap Generator.

Without getting into any specifics, the purpose of the Endeca Sitemap Generator is to create sitemaps within a multi-dimensional navigation space. This is a unique problem (and big SEO opportunity) for faceted search sites. This is not something that you'll get with any generic sitemap generation utility.

With the above in mind, my understanding is that the forthcoming version of CRS will use the NucleusPublisher mechanism to resolve UrlFormatter components that are managed within a Spring context. While not ideal in the long-term, this does allow you to manage a single UrlFormatter configuration, which can be shared between your application and the Sitemap Generator.

For reference, here's the doc link for the NucleusPublisher:
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26180_01/Platform.94/ATGProgGuide/html/s0212nucleuspublisher01.html

Best regards,
    Chip

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points