1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 2:26 PM by user1662732 RSS

11.1.2.1 installation distributed environment

user1662732
      Hi All,

Windows 2008 R2 and 64 bit OS. Installing using remote desktop and the user with adminstrator rigths. UAC is disabled.

Server A: FDM and FR print server
      Server B: Foundation Services (shared Services, Workspace, CalcManager) and Planning
      Server C: Reporting (FR, WA, RAFW) and EPMA
      Server D: HFM
      Server E: Essbase

Downloaded and unzipped onto a shared drive.

Installed all components on Servers A, B, C and D.

On server B, installed all web applications as per the following from document (unless I am mistaken)
      "On the machine on which you plan to administer the WebLogic Server, you must install all
      Web applications for all applications you plan to deploy on any machine in the environment.
      (The WebLogic Administration Server is installed and deployed on the Foundation Services
      machine.)"

On Server B, configured and deployed Shared Services, Workspace. Configured IIS as webserver.
      In windows services, I see foundation services and I start it failed with Class not found exception.
      After modifying the registery key for JVMOption with the path to weblogic.jar, I am able to start foundation services.
      When I try to access Shared services or Workspace URL, get the following error:

Error 404--Not Found
      From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
      10.4.5 404 Not Found
      The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.
      If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address.

When I run validate.bat to check for errors, some of them are passed and some are failed.
      HTTP and Web Application failed with
      Error: com.hyperion.cis.utils.BadResponseCodeException: Bad response code with GET method: 404
      Recommended Action: Check that the application is started

And LogIn failed with
      Error: com.hyperion.cis.utils.BadResponseCodeException: Bad response code with POST method: 404
      Recommended Action: Check application is started.

Contents of HyS9FoundationServices-syserr.log:

When processing WebService module 'wsil.war'. Failed to load servlet Class: oracle.j2ee.ws.server.wsil.WSILServlet
      Ignoring: unable to load class:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.j2ee.ws.server.wsil.WSILServlet at: weblogic.xml.schema.binding.util.ClassUtil.loadClass(ClassUtil.java:76)
      When processing WebService module 'wsil.war'. Failed to load servlet Class: oracle.j2ee.ws.server.wsil.WSILServlet
      Ignoring: unable to load class:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.j2ee.ws.server.wsil.WSILServlet at: weblogic.xml.schema.binding.util.ClassUtil.loadClass(ClassUtil.java:76)
      Nov 9, 2012 5:07:00 PM com.hyperion.hit.registry.Registry lookupComponent
      SEVERE: An exception when looking up a single component of type SYSTEM9.
      Nov 9, 2012 5:07:00 PM com.hyperion.hit.registry.Registry lookupComponent
      SEVERE: Exception occurred.
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/security/jps/JpsException

Any help is greately appreciated. Tried unistall and install couple of times, still not abel to access SS or workspace URL.

Thanks
      Krishna
        • 1. Re: 11.1.2.1 installation distributed environment
          user1662732
          Had 2 issues.
          1. used windows authentication for SQL server during Shares services configuration. And is a bug. Got resolved after moving to SQLServer authentication user.
          2. Even though software is installed with user having admistrator rights (windows 2008 R2 64 bit), on all server for all products .reg files (for registery keys) are either missing some entries or they don't have correct values. (Weired thing is iinstallation, configuration, deployment are successful.) Afre updating the files manually (provided by Oracle support) the services are running. Does any one had this issue or any insight?

Thanks
          Krishna