This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2012 8:52 AM by 938644 RSS

A very important question about the HostSample-Help needed!

938644 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I'm trying to build a plugin for EM 12c ( 12.1.0.2 ) which suppose to monitor jmx mbeans .
I encountered during the README file which was packed with the EDK .
1. In the section where I try to use Flash builder ( ver 4.6 - that's the only release I found .. ) I folowed the instructions if how to run the example ( HostSample/HostSystem ) . When I run the example ( I installed the sdk's of Flash and everything that was written there - no problem )
in the web browser i got the login page , and put the parameters ( username, password ) as it said in the README - the same username/password as i log in to the EM console .Than I got an error saying " ... RPC fault string ..... Logging to management server ... URL:https.. host ( my host name ) : port ( my port number ) /em..."

Does anyone has a clue about this ? What am i doing wrong or miss something ?

It is very important and urgent to me . please help .
  • 1. Re: A very important question about the HostSample-Help needed!
    jriel Newbie
    When you connect to the EM server from FlashBuilder if you are using HTTPS you will first need to accept/install the root certificate for the site by going to the EM console from the same browser you are using from FlashBuilder. The other alternative is to configure the site to allow HTTP access and use that port instead.
  • 2. Re: A very important question about the HostSample-Help needed!
    jriel Newbie
    To add a bit more detail. Before you run the application from FlashBuilder, open the same browser you will use to run/debug the application in FlashBuilder and install certificate.

Firefox:
    . when the "This Connection is Untrusted" warning appears
    . expand the "I Understand the Risks" item
    . click the "Add Exception..." button
    . on the "Add Security Exception" dialog, ensure "Permanently store this exception" is checked
    . click "Confirm Security Exception" button

IE:
    . when the "Certificate Error: Navigation Blocked" page appears, click "Continue to this website (not recommended)"
    . click on the "Certificate Error" icon in the browser address bar
    . in the "Untrusted Certificates" popup, click "View Certificates"
    . click on the "Certification Path" tab of the "Certificate" dialog
    . select the root certificate (certificate at the root of the tree)
    . click "View Certificate..." button
    . click "Install Certificate..." on the "Certificate" dialog that appears
    . click "Next" on the "Certificate Import Wizard"
    . select "Place all certificates in the following store" button and click "Browse..."
    . select "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" on the "Select Certificate Stores" dialog and click "OK"
    . click "Next" button, and then "Finish" button
    . click "Yes" on "Security Warning" dialog that appears

The other alternative is to enable http access using "emctl secure unlock". This is not recommended for a production site.
  • 3. Re: A very important question about the HostSample-Help needed!
    jriel Newbie
    Please also note:

- The untrusted certificate authority can be converted to a trusted certificate by importing the CA into the browser
    Check these details
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/doc.121/e24473/security.htm#autoId94
    for importing the CA into the browser

- Replace the self-signed CA used for console access with a certificate from well known CA.
    Check the details here -
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/doc.121/e24473/security.htm#BABFHAEF
  • 4. Re: A very important question about the HostSample-Help needed!
    938644 Newbie
    Thanks for your answers,but i afraid that there is misunderstanding..
    When I run the sample from the flash IDE there is no such page/screen talking about certificate.
    I only got an inner window ( not pop up ) and in it there are several lines describing the error:
    In the title above of this frame it's said:"unexpected error:logging to the
    management server." in smaller text below it's written:

Error Details
    Error...rpc fault fault string=http request error..Error=#2032:URL:https:myhostname:7799/em/websvcs/mows/loginservice...
    and some other lines following (like the stacktrace in java)
    I don't see anything regarding certificate nor to accept something
    I n the screen where I see the " management server connection"
    I chooses the https option(exactly as I login to the em console)
    Do you think it's a matter of security?
    Any ideas??
  • 5. Re: A very important question about the HostSample-Help needed!
    jriel Newbie
    Please read the Programmer's Reference and specifically the section regarding developing custom UI using Flash Builder. You need to make sure you've downloaded the Flex SDK files required, install the debug Flash Player, etc. When you launch the sample from Flash Builder you should see a browser window appear. Are you seeing no browser window appear?
  • 6. Re: A very important question about the HostSample-Help needed!
    938644 Newbie
    I did exactly as it's said in the Programmer's Reference. ( downloaded Flash builder , flex sdk , etc ) I see a brower window with some fields in it. The fields are usename, password , etc ( as I described in my last post ) - thr usename and password values are the same as I log in to the EM console ( as it's wrriten in the Programmer's Reference. ) when I click next I got this exception ( error ) as I wrote already .
    What is wrong ??
  • 7. Re: A very important question about the HostSample-Help needed!
    jriel Newbie
    The indication that you need to install the certificate would happen when you go to the EM console NOT when you try to launch the application from FlashBuilder. So if your site is on "somehost" on port "7777" you would open a browser window using the SAME browser that is launched from FlashBuilder. In that browser you would go to:

https://somehost:7777/em

At this point, you will see some message indicating that you are accessing a site that is untrusted and you need to follow the instructions from the early replies to accept/install the certificate. You have to do this BEFORE you try to launch the application from FlashBuilder. Once you've done that it should work. If you are still not able to login, please upload the screenshot of the browser window including the complete text of the error. Also, in FlashBuilder in the Console window there will be messages logged as the application is launched, please send those as well if you are not able to login.
  • 8. Re: A very important question about the HostSample-Help needed!
    938644 Newbie
    You are right . There was a problem with a certificate- i did what you told me both in IE add FiireFox . But unforunately it did'nt help.
    I still can't log in both browsers . I still can't upload the screenshot but the error i described is the same ..

Any idaes ?
  • 9. Re: A very important question about the HostSample-Help needed!
    jriel Newbie
    1. If you accepted the certificate then when you bring up a browser window from the desktop (not from FlashBuilder) do you no longer see the certificate warning? If you still see the warning then you didn't properly install the certificate.

2. Did you deploy the demo_hostsample plug-in and create an instance of that target type in EM from the console (again not from FlashBuilder) and can you then go to the homepage for that target and see it correctly.

3. When you try to debug the HostSample.swf from do you specify the same hostname and port as well as target name on the login dialog that appears when you try to start the debugger?

4. if all of this is true and you are still getting an error, I need to see exactly what the error is (the complete error) and I also need to see the details of what is logged in the Console window in FlashBuilder.
  • 10. Re: A very important question about the HostSample-Help needed!
    jriel Newbie
    Typo on #3, I meant:

3. When you try to debug the HostSample.swf from FlashBuilder do you specify the same hostname and port as you use to connect to EM from your standalone browser? And do you specify the same target name as you created in step #2?
  • 11. Re: A very important question about the HostSample-Help needed!
    938644 Newbie
    For number 2 the answer is yes.
    As for number 3 , well for IE browser I still get the error with the certificate
    But when I view the certificate it said it's ok..
    As for FireFox the problem disappeared after I did what you told me.
    When I use this browser I'm the flash builder the problem still exists.
    I will try to upload the screen snapshot ASAP.
  • 12. Re: A very important question about the HostSample-Help needed!
    938644 Newbie
    I have another question which is much important than this one, but I didn't get any help so far..
    Could you please refer to my post :
    Problem with running plugin sample
    and give me a clue about this?
    Thanks.
  • 13. Re: A very important question about the HostSample-Help needed!
    jriel Newbie
    If you are still seeing the certificate error in IE then you might have installed the wrong certificate. When you view the certificate it is displayed in a dialog with a tree view. You need to select the certificate at the root of the tree, that is the top-most, furthest to the left. Please re-read the instructions for that. Also, you can't cut-paste the text from the error window that appears you don't need to upload the screenshot if that is a problem. Also please ALSO include the text from the Console window in FlashBuilder.
  • 14. Re: A very important question about the HostSample-Help needed!
    jriel Newbie
    Your other post indicates that you haven't been able to discover a HostSample target, so if that's the case then the answer to my question #2 above is not Yes. You may have deployed the plug-in, but you haven't created a target. Launching the HostSample.swf assumes that you have a target to monitor.
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points