3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2012 10:13 AM by 147443 RSS

userid on data pump

Hi

Hi i am implementing an oracle to oracle replication with oracle goldengate 11.2.1 and 11.2.0.3

I have a question, is it necessary to include the userid parameter on the data pump if i am only using this process to transfer the trailfiles through the network?

If i include this parameter, data pump process establish a connection to the database and uses PGA, i want to know if it is proper to not include
      the parameter to avoid this database connection.

Thankyou.
        • 1. Re: userid on data pump
          stevencallan
          It is not a matter of proper or not, but more required or not, depending on how your data pump is being used.

On the source, use the EDIT PARAMS command to create a parameter file for the data
          pump. Include the following parameters plus any others that apply to your database
          environment.
          -- Identify the data pump group:
          EXTRACT <pump>
          -- Specify database login information if using NOPASSTHRU:
          [SOURCEDB <dsn_1>][, USERID <user>][, PASSWORD <pw>
          [<encryption options>]]
          • 2. Re: userid on data pump
            I am using the PASSTHRU parameter in my data pump and just using it to transfer the data changes without performing any filtering or mapping, so i guess it is not needed in this case.

Thankyou for your answer stevencallan.
            • 3. Re: userid on data pump
              If you are using passthru in pump, you do not need any userid for pump.
              It does not connect to DB.