This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 11:24 PM by keerthioaf RSS

Custom Responsibility - Restrictions Imposed via JSP page

vishm8 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

We have a custom responsibility, that gives administrative access to Workflow Notifications of the type 'Requisitions' to the user who is assigned the role.The following are the details for the custom responsibility.

Responsibility: PO Requisitions Workflow Admin
Menu: PO Requisition WF Admin Top Menu
Function: Find Admin Notification for iProcure
Function Type: SSWA jsp function
HTML Call: OA.jsp?page=/oracle/apps/fnd/wf/worklist/webui/NotifSearchPG

The EBS version is R12.1.1

But the problem is the, it displays all types of notifications along with Requisition Notifications. Any pointers as to how i can restrict notifications other than the Internal Type REQAPPRV, prevented from being displayed ?

I'm new to OAF so i've no clue as to where to begin with. Any help would be much appreciated.
  • 1. Re: Custom Responsibility - Restrictions Imposed via JSP page
    keerthioaf Expert
    Hi ,

If your requirement is to restrict values displayed depending on the responsibility then you get the responsibility using

pageContext.getResponsibilityName(); get the notification type and pass it to where clause in sql query associated to VO , this way
    you can restrict the values displayed .

Let me know if its not clear .

Keerthi
  • 2. Re: Custom Responsibility - Restrictions Imposed via JSP page
    vishm8 Newbie
    I'll make my requirement clear first so that you may know what i'm trying to convey via my question posted earlier.

The responsibility was created so that any person assigned that responsibility may have access to all workflow notifications that of are of the Type "Purchasing Requisitions". But when i query in the Self Service Page, workflow notifications of type other than requisitions are also being displayed ,e.g Journal Post Approval Notifications, Purchasing Invoice Approvals etc.

So i would like to filter the result set being displayed to only Purchasing Requisitions. Kindly, provide me steps i would need to follow to achieve the same.
  • 3. Re: Custom Responsibility - Restrictions Imposed via JSP page
    keerthioaf Expert
    I have clearly understood you requirement at the first sight .

You need to extend the controller class and get the custom responsibility name from which you are accessing this page using above method
    i mentioned .

String cust_resp = pageContext.getResponsibilityName() ;

In PFR :

if(yourCustRespName.equalsIgnoreCase(cust_resp)
    {
    your business Logic goes here , get the notification type - Purchasing Requisitions ,
    get your View object instance , pass the value to the where clause of VO attached to your table region there by you can filter the
    records displayed

}

You need to extend the controller class

Keerthi

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points