3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2012 6:16 AM by 587448

Form closing when an LOV is clicked

Dear All,

I am facing an issue with a custom OAF Page.

In our project, we have developed a custom OAF page which is based on the Oracle Workflow Notifications table and a custom table.
      When this form is opened, it shows the workflow notifications pending with that user.

We have an 'Open' button for every record and when the user clicks on the 'Open' button the corresponding Workflow Notification is opened in a new window.

In the opened notification we have a form link, using which we are able to open the associated form of that notification.

Till now no issues.

Issue : In the opened form if we click on any of the LOV's present, the form in the new window is closing and we have the worklist form.
      We are encountering this issue only when the form is opened from the custom worklist page.
      If the form is opened from the standard wf notification, then no such issues come up.

I tried to open a different form throuh my custom worklist and then also I faced the same issue.

I am unable to find any way to debug this issue.
      Please help.

Thanks,
      Souri Guha
        • 1. Re: Form closing when an LOV is clicked
          Hi,

I have not been able to figure out the issue till now.

Any help would be great !!!

Thanks,
          Souri Guha
          • 2. Re: Form closing when an LOV is clicked
            Gyan Darpan
            Souri,

Hope you are following the steps from Jdev guide to call the forms from OAP Page.

Share the steps you followed, might help me in figure out the issue.

Regards,
            Gyan
            • 3. Re: Form closing when an LOV is clicked
              Hi,

I have created a home page for our application which shows the 'open' workflow notifications for the user logged in.

For showing the worklist, I haved created a VO based on the table wf_notifications and a custom table.
              When the form is opened its shows the notifications that are 'OPEN' for the user logged in.

I have an 'Open' button in all the rows by which I am opening the corresponding workflow notifications by passing the notification Id as a parameter to the oracle notification function(FND_WFNTF_DETAILS).

When the 'Open' button is pressed, I am saving the notification id and a column (READ) as 'Y' in my custom table, to understand which notifications have been read by the user.

The notification is opened in a new window.

In the notification I have a link to the OAF page, clicking which the OAF page opens.
              This is done by setting a attribute in the workflow.

When the form is opened, if I click on any of the LOVs that are attached then the form closes.

This is not happening when I am opening the form from the oracle provided worklist.

Are you able to understand the full scenario.
              If you provide your mail id I can send a document with the screenshots which will help you to understand the issue better.

Thanks,
              Souri Guha