This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 8:01 AM by K White RSS

PL/SQL  Web Service fails when deployed to WebLogic server

K White Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have a web service generated via JDeveloper from a PL/SQL package. It runs fine both when tested in JDeveloper and when the WAR file is manually deployed to the Integrated WebLogic Server. However, when the WAR file is deployed to our actual WebLogic server, it fails. Other existing web services that were not generated with the JDeveloper wizard work correctly. I am having trouble finding any references to this type of issue to solve it. Are there any ideas what might be causing the WSDL to fail?

References:
-----
* JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.

* No proxies are involved.

* The PLSQL package is a basic function that returns varchar2 input fed in by one parameter:
create or replace package body pkg_ws_test as
function test_me (p_anything_in varchar2)
return varchar2 is
begin
return p_anything_in;
end test_me;
end pkg_ws_test;

* Top of error stack is as follows:
oracle.sysman.emSDK.webservices.wsdlapi.SoapTestException: WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Failed to read WSDL from http://svr:8892/wsTest2-getSame-context-root/TestMePort?wsdl: HTTP connection error code is 500 at oracle.sysman.emSDK.webservices.wsdlparser.ParsedWSDLFactoryImpl.getParsedWSDL(ParsedWSDLFactoryImpl.java:157) at oracle.sysman.emSDK.webservices.wsdlparser.ParsedWSDLFactoryImpl.getParsedWSDL(ParsedWSDLFactoryImpl.java:87) at oracle.sysman.emas.model.wsmgt.WSTestModel.init(WSTestModel.java:325) at
  • 1. Re: PL/SQL  Web Service fails when deployed to WebLogic server
    Vijaya Moderator -Oracle Expert
    Hi,

The below error trace you've provided doesn't confirm that Weblogic server has thrown the error.

oracle.sysman.emSDK.webservices.wsdlapi.SoapTestException: WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Failed to read WSDL from http://svr:8892/wsTest2-getSame-context-root/TestMePort?wsdl: HTTP connection error code is 500 at oracle.sysman.emSDK.webservices.wsdlparser.ParsedWSDLFactoryImpl.getParsedWSDL(ParsedWSDLFactoryImpl.java:157) at oracle.sysman.emSDK.webservices.wsdlparser.ParsedWSDLFactoryImpl.getParsedWSDL(ParsedWSDLFactoryImpl.java:87) at oracle.sysman.emas.model.wsmgt.WSTestModel.init(WSTestModel.java:325) at

Please paste complete stacktrace of the error to check and also include the caused by section in the error.

Thanks,
    Vijaya
  • 2. Re: PL/SQL  Web Service fails when deployed to WebLogic server
    K White Newbie
    Thank you for looking at this.

As I passed your question on to our DBA, he was also researching and found a bug related to PL/SQL web services generated this way. Apparently the IP address needs to be explicitly added for this type due to a bug that should not require this information. He followed the recommended steps and was able to make it work.

I appreciate your help.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points