This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2012 10:26 AM by Shivananda Rao RSS

RMAN recovery from RAC to non-RAC

859636 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I have a 2 node 11.2.03 (PSU2) RAC database running on solaris and I want to restore and recover the RMAN backup into a different server which is 11.2.0.3 stand alone database. Do I have to have this stand alone database also in the same patch set level (PSU2)? or I should be able to restore the RMAN backup without applying PSU2?
Thanks
  • 1. Re: RMAN recovery from RAC to non-RAC
    Shivananda Rao Guru
    856633 wrote:
    Hi,
    I have a 2 node 11.2.03 (PSU2) RAC database running on solaris and I want to restore and recover the RMAN backup into a different server which is 11.2.0.3 stand alone database. Do I have to have this stand alone database also in the same patch set level (PSU2)? or I should be able to restore the RMAN backup without applying PSU2?
    Thanks
    It is not required for you to have the PSU2 on the standalone server. You can restore & recover the backup without applying PSU2

Handle:      856633
    Status Level:      Newbie
    Total Posts:      8
    Total Questions:      4 (4 unresolved)
    Please consider closing your questions by providing appropriate points if you feel that they have been answered. Please keep the forum clean !!
  • 2. Re: RMAN recovery from RAC to non-RAC
    mseberg Guru
    Hello;

It will probably work without patch set update. So can you do it? yes.

Should you do it? no.

Take a step back and decide if you want to take shortcuts and do sloppy work.

Objects in your restored database Will Not match the software you are using. Its just a bad idea.

Best Regards

mseberg

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points