3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 4:57 AM by muba_zak RSS

Migrate ERP 12.0.6 from Soloris to RedHat Linux

muba_zak
      Dear All.

Right now we have ERP 12.0.6 on Solaris, Management decided to migrate from soloris to redhat linux

same time we need to upgrade to 12.1.3,

i m expecting advise on this subject

1.advantage / disadvantage from Solaris to linux
      2.upgrade has to be done before migration or after migration?.

we are planning 11g rac for database note

we are planning for application node hardware clustering

3.related oracle note to implement all above said

thanks
        • 1. Re: Migrate ERP 12.0.6 from Soloris to RedHat Linux
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          1.advantage / disadvantage from Solaris to linux
          Both Operating Systems are stable.
          2.upgrade has to be done before migration or after migration?.
          You can do either. However, I would recommend you migrate then upgrade.
          3.related oracle note to implement all above said
          To migrate Oracle EBS:

Application Tier Platform Migration with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 438086.1]
          Export/Import Process for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 using 10gR2 [ID 454616.1]
          Export/import process for R12 using 11gR1 or 11gR2 [ID 741818.1]

Oracle Applications Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.0.4) for Linux (64-bit) [ID 416305.1]

To upgrade from 12.0.6 to 12.1.3:

Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86-64 [ID 761566.1

Upgrade to 12.1.1 -- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Maintenance Pack Installation Instructions [ID 752619.1]
          Upgrade 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 -- https://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/entry/ebs_1213_available

To migrate the database to RAC -- Using Oracle 11g Release 2 Real Application Clusters with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 823587.1]

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Migrate ERP 12.0.6 from Soloris to RedHat Linux
            muba_zak
            Thanks Mr.Hussein Sawwan

i will come to you again for these migration process

Thanks
            • 3. Re: Migrate ERP 12.0.6 from Soloris to RedHat Linux
              muba_zak
              Dear Hussein

as you mentioned

You can do either. However, I would recommend you migrate then upgrade.

but right now i m having 12.0.6 on soloris, RedHat linux 6 supports only 12.1.1 or higher ?? am i correct
              in this case i need to upgrade first to 12.1.1 then only i could migrate to Redha linux 6 correct??

based on the ID 438086.1

Restrictions
              •This migration methodology requires Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.0.4 or higher.
              •This document applies to the application tier only. Refer to My Oracle Support Knowledge Document 454616.1 for instructions on database tier migration.
              •The instructions in this document are for migration to a target UNIX/Linux platform. **At present, Windows is only supported as a source platform*.*

At present, Windows is only supported as a source platform

but my source is soloris

can i follow this ??

Thanks