This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 1:51 PM by orafad RSS

oracle 11g express SYSAUX is 12 Gbytes ?

useruseruser Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all
I was installing oracle 11g express with more data, users.dbf is 9Gbytes, and sysaux.dbf is 12Gbytes
so database stil working, I like to know is this SYSAUX should destabilise database and is this normal
working condidtion?
Did I try to dump users and reinstall this database?
regards,
Gordan
  • 1. Re: oracle 11g express SYSAUX is 12 Gbytes ?
    orafad Oracle ACE
    Tablespaces (data files) usually grows as required. What's the real question / problem?

If you are just wonder about what is occupying SYSAUX, then start reading here:
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e10595/tspaces010.htm

With XE some of the reasons for growth is non existant.
    So, what happened during your data load or what else could related to its usage... Maybe you are using XML Db or Apex heavily?
  • 2. Re: oracle 11g express SYSAUX is 12 Gbytes ?
    useruseruser Newbie
    Hi orafad
    I just wont to know is this 11g express database ( with sysaux.dbf with 12 gbytes) is stable for production or not.
    Now working fine, more than 30 days working with this sysaux.dbf, so just need to know do I need reinstall
    database or continue using.
    Database is on no archive log, only backup is dump of current user.

regards,
    Gordan
  • 3. Re: oracle 11g express SYSAUX is 12 Gbytes ?
    orafad Oracle ACE
    useruseruser wrote:
    I just wont to know is this 11g express database ( with sysaux.dbf with 12 gbytes) is stable for production or not.
    In general, and considering how much you pay for the XE license, a database instance is usable for production (of course, depending on application and feature requirements, etc.).

If it "is stable for production" in your case, only you could tell. We can't know from over here.

Database is on no archive log, only backup is dump of current user.
    You really should at least have one good, physical backup of database files while database is shutdown i.e. cold backup.
    An export dump is not much of use if you don't have a database to which you could import the dump. Don't forget to document and test recovery plan, before you need to "test" it in real time.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points