2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2012 11:56 PM by glauser RSS

How are actions implemented in reports ?

As far as I understand, Tools - Monitor Sessions is a mere report.
      However, there is an option Trace Session in the context menu of the upper grid. I am missing the corresponding Stop Trace and I wanted to add it to the report by myself.
      I copied the report under User Defined Reports, but I didn't find an appropriate option in the Edit Report dialogue.
        • 1. Re: How are actions implemented in reports ?
          Gary Graham-Oracle

Instead of doing Save Grid as Report from Tools -> Monitor Sessions into your User Defined Reports, instead copy the Sessions report from Data Dictionary Reports -> Database Administration -> Sessions -> Sessions

You will notice that UserReports.xml in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer will have a line near the bottom containing the Action information for Trace Session and Kill Session. Just edit that section of UserReports.xml to include similar information for a Stop Trace action, specifically with this statement:
          <![CDATA[begin dbms_monitor.session_trace_disable(#SID#, #SERIAL#); end;]]>
          For most users, either disconnecting the session or using Kill Session is sufficient, but learning a new trick hurts no one.

SQL Developer Team
          • 2. Re: How are actions implemented in reports ?

Thanks for your answer.
            Just one remark: such a report with additional item s must not be edited with the reports editor from SQL Developer any more. Saving the report out of the editor would delete the items.
            My version is Version

Edited by: glauser on 14.11.2012 06:55