This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 5:02 AM by vansul RSS

Unable to set Border_bevel using Srt_item_instance_property

Vman Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am using Forms ( Forms [32 Bit] Version 9.0.4.0.19 (Production) )

I need to dynamically alter the Border_bevel to NONE for an item when a particular condition is found. The Bevel in the Property Palette is set to LOWERED.

I used the following in a conditional statement to alter the BORDER_BEVEL :-

if condition THERE -- boolean item
then
Set_Item_Instance_Property(Item_id, CURRENT_RECORD, BORDER_BEVEL, NONE);
end if;

The above returns a RUN TIME error > FRM-4138:Invalid parameter used for Set_Item_Instance_Property
What am I missing?

To work around the problem I tried setting in Property Palette the Item Property BEVEL, to NONE, then reveresed the logic to:-

If condition not THERE -- boolean item
then
Set_Item_Instance_Property(Item_id, CURRENT_RECORD, BORDER_BEVEL, LOWERED);
end;

This produced the same Run Time error of > FRM-4138:Invalid parameter used for Set_Item_Instance_Property

For the sake of interest, I also tested the outcome of the other BORDER_BEVEL properties (RAISED, INSET, OUTSET, PLAIN) that are supposed available to Set_Item_Instance_Property.

'RAISED' works at run time but using either 'Inset' or 'Outset' caused a compilation error of, "Error 201 '{INSET} - {OUTSET} must be declared"

Using PLAIN will compile and causes no Run Time problem but has no visible effect in this instance.

Will someone tell me what I have missed including in my logic to get either "LOWERED" or "NONE" to work as required?

Thank you

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points