6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 10:54 AM by 974201 RSS

Oracle B2B 11g installation

Hi all, I'm new to Oracle SOA Suit product and environment and I have a few questions about Oracle SOA Suit and Oracle b2b installation.

We are studing this product to build our environment for b2b integrations and we will need it with high availability. While researching oracle documents I saw that is possible to have a standalone Oracle AS Integration B2B instance (For that i would need to have Oracle Application Server, J2EE and Web cache) and Oracle SOA Suit installed in other machine. Now I'm a little confused because Isn't Oracle B2B a bind component of SOA Suite? I don't know if it is really possible or if it was possible in previous releases.

For Example: Am I able to have Oracle B2B installed in one machine and Oracle SOA Suit + Oracle Service Bus in another one?

Or there is no way to do it? I can not have Oracle B2B out of Oracle SOA Suit Installation ?!

Thanks in advance

Regards,
      Philip
        • 1. Re: Oracle B2B 11g installation
          user9285225
          Hi Philip,

Unlike in SOA 10g, Oracle b2b is a part of Oracle SOA Suite in 11g. There is no seperate install for oracle b2b in 11g. It comes as a part of Oracle Fusion Middleware components.

As u said oracle b2b is a seperate install in SOA Suite 10g.

go through the below guide to get an idea about the SOA suite 11g installation.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/soasuite/overview/quickstartguidesoasuite11gr1ps3-313245.pdf

you may watch out this thread for few more replies for your questions
          • 2. Re: Oracle B2B 11g installation
            Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
            While researching oracle documents I saw that is possible to have a standalone Oracle AS Integration B2B instance (For that i would need to have Oracle Application Server, J2EE and Web cache) and Oracle SOA Suit installed in other machine.
            This was the case for 10g installation.
            Now I'm a little confused because Isn't Oracle B2B a bind component of SOA Suite?
            Yes, in 11g, B2B is another component of SOA Suite.
            Am I able to have Oracle B2B installed in one machine and Oracle SOA Suit + Oracle Service Bus in another one?
            Or there is no way to do it? I can not have Oracle B2B out of Oracle SOA Suit Installation ?
            From installation perspective, you cannot have separate B2B installation in 11g. B2B gets installed as part of SOA 11g but you may create two (or more) domains in same installation -

1. Hosting B2B only -
            2. Hosting SOA+OSB

By this way, you may logically separate B2B from SOA. Few B2B customers are already using this approach.

Regards,
            Anuj
            • 3. Re: Oracle B2B 11g installation
              Interoperability Question
              • 4. Re: Oracle B2B 11g installation
                Anuj and Edwin, thanks for the replay it clarify me about the installation but I have one more question if you don't mind.

We already have Oracle Service Bus installed in our environment, and we need to be able to interact with it from Oracle B2B.

Is The interoperability with Oracle Service Bus still done through AQ adapter, isn't it ?

I'd like to know if There are other ways to accomplish the communication between them ?

Thanks again,

Regards,

Philip

Edited by: user8950699 on 14/11/2012 08:51

Edited by: user8950699 on 14/11/2012 08:52
                • 5. Re: Oracle B2B 11g installation
                  Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
                  Philip,

B2B can communicate with OSB using any of the available transport protocols. For example, if B2B is passing message to OSB for internal routing then it may use AQ/JMS/File/FTP/SFTP.

Regards,
                  Anuj
                  • 6. Re: Oracle B2B 11g installation
                    Thanks