9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 8:17 AM by Sushant Sharma RSS

Need help understanding syntax

user12294571
      Hi,
      I need some help to understand the following syntax .

PPRAMImpl am = (PPRAMImpl)pageContext.getApplicationModule(webBean); 
      What is this PPARAMImpl?

I know "am " is a variable . And with pageContext.getApplicationModule(webBean) we are trying to get the AM name for that page, then why do we need to add (PPARAMImpl) before pageContext.getApplicationModule(webBean) ?

For example in plsql , apps.testpkg.mainproc(param1,param2) 
      means 
      schema.packagename.procedurename(parameter1,parameter2). 

So can you explain "PPRAMImpl am = (PPRAMImpl)pageContext.getApplicationModule(webBean)" in that manner? 

pageContext.getParameter(EVENT_PARAM)) 

What is this ? 
      What are the possible values for EVENT_PARAM ? 
      And by the way , I need help on setting a default value for one of my search parameters in a search region .
      Correct me If I am wrong, this is what I thought
      1. EOImpl has setters and getters for that attribute. So call the setter method in controller and set the value , if this is right then I don't know how to right the code ,can you give me some sample code ?
      or
      2. get the view object name and then set the value for that . like viewobject.setattribute('att name',att value'),if this is right then I don't know how to right the code ,can you give me some sample code ?

Thanks
      Sri.
        • 1. Re: Need help understanding syntax
          Sushant Sharma
          Hi,

pageContext.getApplicationModule return is for generic OAApplicationModule.
          So, (PPRAMImpl) is used for type-casting the AM to type PPRAMImpl.

EVENT_PARAM contains any event fired on a page. So, if you want to perform any operation on an event, you can simply write as:

if("eventName".equals(pageContext.getParameter(EVENT_PARAM))){
          // logic here
          }

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
          • 2. Re: Need help understanding syntax
            user12294571
            Sushant,
            Thank you for your quick response.

so PPRAMImpl am = (PPRAMImpl)pageContext.getApplicationModule(webBean) equal to PPRAMImpl am = pageContext.getApplicationModule(webBean) ???
            , I am asking this because , we are defining the variable "am" of type "PPRAMImpl" and then assigning the AM name to that variable .

Thanks
            Sri.
            • 3. Re: Need help understanding syntax
              Sushant Sharma
              Hi,

No. These are not equal.

pageContext.getApplicationModule(webBean) return AM of type OAApplicationModule.

It would be fine if your variable am, is of type OAApplicationModule:
              OAApplicationModule am = pageContext.getApplicationModule(webBean) // this would be fine.

But as you are using of type PPRAMImpl, you must have to type-cast that externally using:
              PPRAMImpl am = (PPRAMImpl)pageContext.getApplicationModule(webBean);

If you are still not clear, then refer any java book or google for internal & external type-casting in java.

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
              • 4. Re: Need help understanding syntax
                user12294571
                Sushant,
                Nw I understand the difference between those two . Your explanation is really great.

And by the way , I need help on setting a default value for one of my search parameters in a search region .
                Correct me If I am wrong, this is what I thought
                1. EOImpl has setters and getters for that attribute. So call the setter method in controller and set the value , if this is right then I don't know how to right the code ,can you give me some sample code ?
                or
                2. get the view object name and then set the value for that . like viewobject.setattribute('att name',att value'),if this is right then I don't know how to right the code ,can you give me some sample code ?

Thanks Sri.
                • 5. Re: Need help understanding syntax
                  Sushant Sharma
                  Hi,

First of all, if you are using search fields on page, those should not be based on EO/VO.

You can set their default values in PR method of controller.
                  Get the handle of the bean and use method like setValue on that bean.

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
                  • 6. Re: Need help understanding syntax
                    user12294571
                    Sushant,
                    I am missing something here .
                    I created a simple search page with 10 columns to display and out of those 3 has search allowed flag=true.
                    Then when I run the page these 3 appeared as search fields and I can search the data based on these.
                    So search fields are based on EO/VO. How can they be not based on EO/VO ?

And when I try to print messages using System.out.println("test2"); in controller , i am not able to see them on the form . Anything I am missing ??

Sorry to bother you with so many questions . I am really new to java and framework.

Thanks
                    Sri.
                    • 7. Re: Need help understanding syntax
                      user12294571
                      Sushant
                      Can you please help me on this ?

Thanks Sri.
                      • 8. Re: Need help understanding syntax
                        Sushant Sharma
                        Hi,

This is not the right approach.

For search region - Create 3 separate fields not based on any EO/VO.
                        Create a VO having all the columns you require.
                        For result - create a table region using wizard and select the VO created above.

In controller check for go/search button and call logic of searching in AM.

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
                        • 9. Re: Need help understanding syntax
                          Sushant Sharma
                          Hi,

Also you can have a look at this video tutorial:
                          http://oracally.blogspot.in/2010/05/oracle-ebs-11icreating-simple.html

--Sushant