This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 18, 2012 11:59 PM by 714270 RSS

Column Selector...

738277 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello Experts,

I have 2 tables class_meta, class.
class table has date, col1, col2 etc....
class_meta has class_id, class_name, column_used

My page should have 3 selections, year, month, and class_name......based on these selections my form has:
Date -- display
Class Name --- check box

the above class name column is selected based on the class_name selection list above. Once the end user updates the schedule of classes it should update the class table.....

Year: 2012
Month: Jan
Class: Algebra 1 (Comes from class_meta table)

Tabular Form
= Date == Algebra 1
1-1-2012 ==== Y
1-2-2012 ==== N
1-3-2012 ==== N
1-4-2012 ==== Y
1-5-2012 ==== N
1-6-2012 ==== N

The values entered in the "Algebra 1" form field in the above form should be updated in the class table 'col1'

I am very basic user, just started working on Apex from last week......Thanks for your time....If the above explanation is not clear please let me know I will try to be more clear.......

Thanks for your time.....

DK
  • 1. Re: Column Selector...
    714270 Pro
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi,

If I understand your question correctly, you need to map the database column against the tabular form columns. If that is so and you are using the wizard generated tabular form, go to "Column Attributes" of your column (right click -> Edit), you will find a region called "Tabular Form Attributes". You can specify the "Reference Table Owner", "Reference Table Name" and "Reference Column Name" for the specific tabular form column.

Thanks,
    Rohit

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points