This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 8:00 AM by hyperion start RSS

DMP file for planning application

hyperion start Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello Gurus,
I was wondering how we could use the DMP files to create (recreate) planning application.
I have some .DMP files, but I am not too sure how to use them or where to copy them to create planning application.
Some suggestion would be great.
Thanks
  • 1. Re: DMP file for planning application
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE
    A .dmp file sounds like a backup for Oracle, if you want to restore then you could create a blank planning app, stop planning, recreate the Oracle schema or drop all the objects from the schema and then import the imp file back in.

Cheers

John
    http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
  • 2. Re: DMP file for planning application
    dwhpc Journeyer
    Hi,

Please find below steps to do the migration using the .dmp file. Please be careful while playing with .dmp files.

Imp Note : Please do the necessary backups before proceedings the steps.

1. Create a new database on <Target Environment> RDBMS Server for your planning application.

2. Configure a data source on <Target Environment> Planning Server.

3. Create fresh planning application on Production Server and Ensure the admin is the same as your planning application on Development Server.

4. Go into the database tables for the planning app on Production Server and look at table HSP_USERS; store the SID value against user 50001.

5. Go into the database planning system tables on Production Server and HSPSYS_APPLICATION, clear out the version field for the application you have created.

6. Stop Planning.

7. Restore the planning application database on Development over the one created in the first step (to the <Target Environment> Server Database). (Drop and Recreate the .dmp files)

8. Go into the HSP_USERS table and update the SID for user id 50001

9. Start planning

10. Go to planning web and you should see your application when you try and log in it should take you to a migrate screen.

Thanks
  • 3. Re: DMP file for planning application
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE
    The HSP_USERS table will only need updating if the application owner is not the default admin and if the source planning application is from a different environment.
    The HSPSYS_APPLICATION table should not need to be touched, I only remember having to change that in version 9.
    The migrate option is only if the source planning application was on a different version than the target.

Cheers

John
  • 4. Re: DMP file for planning application
    hyperion start Newbie
    John, when it comes to importing the dmp file, I have a script something like this:
    imp system/password@HYPDLL file=E:\OracleBackup\FILENAME.dmp, log=LOGPATH.log, rows=y, indexes=y, grants=y, const

However, can you explain how we can drop all the objects from a schema. Any script or the process to do it manually?
    Thanks
  • 5. Re: DMP file for planning application
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE
    You could just drop the user/schema and recreate.

Cheers

John
  • 6. Re: DMP file for planning application
    hyperion start Newbie
    So John,
    If I use the script: DROP USER USERNAME CASCASE;
    does it drop the user/schema, everything? the content in the schema?
  • 7. Re: DMP file for planning application
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE
    Yes that will drop the user, you can create the user and assign it roles again and import the dmp.

Cheers

John
  • 8. Re: DMP file for planning application
    hyperion start Newbie
    Thanks John

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points