This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 10:56 AM by 974108 RSS

Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g - Is it free?

974108 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I got a copy of Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g version 10.2.0.3.0 from my friend. I need it for my university project. I google it and I'm not sure whether it's free or not. Personal, Standard and Enterprise edition on wikipedia shown as not free although I'm not sure whther this is for 11g.

The thing is this software didn't asked for any license key? So is it free and can I share it with anyone because I've been looking for this software for quite some time now and I'm planning to seed it with torrent.

So is it free and can I distribute it to anyone? If it's not free can I still share it to anyone?

I'm installing Personal Edition on my laptop by the way.

Thanks in advance.
  • 1. Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g - Is it free?
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    I got a copy of Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g version 10.2.0.3.0 from my friend. I need it for my university project. I google it and I'm not sure whether it's free or not. Personal, Standard and Enterprise edition on wikipedia shown as not free although I'm not sure whther this is for 11g.
    OEM 10g and 11g can be downloaded from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oem/grid-control/downloads/winsoft10g-100825.html
    The thing is this software didn't asked for any license key? So is it free and can I share it with anyone because I've been looking for this software for quite some time now and I'm planning to seed it with torrent.

So is it free and can I distribute it to anyone? If it's not free can I still share it to anyone?

I'm installing Personal Edition on my laptop by the way.
    You are not supposed to share it on torrent websites. Please see Oracle License Agreement which clearly states "you may not make the programs available in any manner to any third party" -- http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/licenses/standard-license-152015.html

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g - Is it free?
    974108 Newbie
    Thank you very much for your reply. I have been looking this software for a long time (10g complete not XE) and I thought it has been replaced by 11g.

You just helped me with the download link. Thank you very much again.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points