This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 2:31 PM by 943202 RSS

FND_STANDARD_DATE Concurrent Program Parameter

943202 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

We have 2 different environments that should be identical. We have a concurrent sql plus program with a date parameter whose value set is FND_STANDARD_DATE (in both environments). In one instance, the date gets passed to the report in DD-MON-YYYY format. In the other environment, the date is getting passed in YYYY/MM/DD HH:MM:SS. To my knowledge, the canonical format being passed is the correct one. What would be causing the one environment to be passing it in DATE format? What is happening between submitting the concurrent request and the values getting to the report? Thanks in advance!
  • 1. Re: FND_STANDARD_DATE Concurrent Program Parameter
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    940199 wrote:
    Hi All,

We have 2 different environments that should be identical. We have a concurrent sql plus program with a date parameter whose value set is FND_STANDARD_DATE (in both environments). In one instance, the date gets passed to the report in DD-MON-YYYY format. In the other environment, the date is getting passed in YYYY/MM/DD HH:MM:SS. To my knowledge, the canonical format being passed is the correct one. What would be causing the one environment to be passing it in DATE format? What is happening between submitting the concurrent request and the values getting to the report? Thanks in advance!
    Please see (     How to Handle New Date Formats in SQL*Plus and PL/SQL Procedures? [ID 376034.1]).

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: FND_STANDARD_DATE Concurrent Program Parameter
    943202 Newbie
    Hussein,

Thank you for the response. I have seen that article. I understand the proposed solution, to convert the dates that are reaching the report. My issue is that the reports are getting two different date formats on different environments, even though the application is setup identical on both. I would like to know what is happening to convert the date before it is reaching the report. For example, in one environment, when 02-NOV-2012 is input into the concurrent request, the report receives 02-NOV-2012. The same input in the other environment sends 2012/11/02 00:00:00 to the report. I know how to handle/convert the dates when they get there, I am just confused about why different formats are being passed.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points