tx103108 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Oracle APEX 4.1.1
APEX Listener 1.0.2
Oracle 11gR1 database
Linux RHEL 5.4
Glassfish 3.0.1
-----------------------------

Configured Glassfish to connect to APEX using the APEX Listener but when configuring APEX Listener and when I try to connect I get this error:

Error     ERR-1014 Application not found.
          application=4500 workspace=10

Does the APEX Listener need to connect to a workspace or schema that has a pre-existing application? Any ideas on what the error may be?

Please advise and thanks.
  • 1. Re: Glassfish does not connect via APEX Listener to APEX workspace
    Prabodh Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi user601798 ,
    Oracle APEX 4.1.1
    APEX Listener 1.0.2
    Oracle 11gR1 database
    Linux RHEL 5.4
    Glassfish 3.0.1
    >
    That happens to be a rather old version of ApexListener. I would recommend try 1.1.4 on the same stack, you will benefit from the bug fixes.
    >
    Configured Glassfish to connect to APEX using the APEX Listener but when configuring APEX Listener and when I try to connect I get this error:

Error ERR-1014 Application not found.
    application=4500 workspace=10

Does the APEX Listener need to connect to a workspace or schema that has a pre-existing application? Any ideas on what the error may be?>
    ApexListener does not need any workspace. However, the error you are getting is for application 4500 which is the Application Builder which implies that either Apex is not installed or inaccessible.
    a. Is Apex_public_user unlocked?
    b. Is the configuration of ApexListener, especially the JDBC part, correct?
    c. Is Apex accessible using any other webserver, e.g. EPG?

Take at look at the server.log file of GF in the logs folder of the domain in which you have configured ApexListener. You may find the details of the error in it.

Cheers.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points