6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 11:12 PM by BIDev RSS

OBIEE agent issue.

BIDev
      Hi Experts,
      In OBIEE 11.1.1.6.0,
      Sometime when I use agent function to send email , it will generate the following error in Job Manager.
      However, I do not know what happen.Please help me to solve this issue. Thanks.

Note: Use saschinvoke.exe to create bat file, and invoke it by ETL tools.
      For example:
      echo Pass1234|saschinvoke.exe -u weblogic -j 28

[nQSError: 77006] Oracle BI Presentation Server Error: A server error occurred. Odbc driver returned an error (SQLExecDirectW).
      Error Codes: OPR4ONWY:U9IM8TAC:OI2DL65P
      State: HY000. Code: 10058. [NQODBC] [SQL_STATE: HY000] [nQSError: 10058] A general error has occurred.
      [nQSError: 12002] Socket communication error at call=recv: *(Number=10054) An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.* (HY000)

[nQSError: 77006] Oracle BI Presentation Server Error: A server error occurred. Odbc driver returned an error (SQLExecDirectW).
      Error Codes: OPR4ONWY:U9IM8TAC:OI2DL65P
      State: HY000. Code: 10058. [NQODBC] [SQL_STATE: HY000] [nQSError: 10058] A general error has occurred.
      [nQSError: 12002] Socket communication error at call=recv: *(Number=10038) An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.* (HY000)
        • 1. Re: OBIEE agent issue.
          sveerava

Edited by: 911927 on Nov 14, 2012 8:25 PM
          • 2. Re: OBIEE agent issue.
            Srini VEERAVALLI
            Hi Kobe,
            Try to Delete the cache and re-start BI services and try to run it again.

I was suggesting you to clear the bi cache manually and run it once, if it fixes then you can go for permanent fix using nqcmd.

Edited by: veeravalli on Nov 15, 2012 9:15 AM

Edited by: veeravalli on Nov 15, 2012 9:16 AM
            • 3. Re: OBIEE agent issue.
              BIDev
              Hi veeravalli ,

What kind of cache I should clear?
              DB cache or BI cache or Presentation cache.
              Actually, I use ETL tools (Datastage) to invoke OBIEE command, not manually send the report.
              So how to clear the cache through command?

Note : I know the DB cache , I can use Call SAPurgeAllCache(); But I do not know how to clear the BI server cache or Presentation cache throgh command..
              • 4. Re: OBIEE agent issue.
                BIDev
                Hi veeravalli ,

How to use NQCMD to clear BI Cache and Presentation Cache.
                I can know how to clear the DB Cache for using the following code:
                C:\InstallPath\OBIEE\Oracle_BI1\bifoundation\server\bin\nqcmd.exe -d coreapplication_OH1027191023 -u weblogic -p Pass1234 -s C:\purgecache.txt -o C:\purgecache.log

Call SAPurgeAllCache();
                • 5. Re: OBIEE agent issue.
                  Srini VEERAVALLI
                  You got it wrong, check this link for details.
                  http://obiee101.blogspot.com/2008/03/obiee-manage-cache-part-1.html
                  nqcmd is related to BI to send instructions to BI server using command line.

The below line wrong from your post;I can know how to clear the DB Cache for using the following code:
                  Looks like we diverting the topic just purge cache and try, you may use answers or rpd online for the same.
                  • 6. Re: OBIEE agent issue.
                    BIDev
                    Hi

It means it will clear whole cache contain 'DB',BI server and Presentation cache, right?