This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 8:18 AM by 974433 RSS

DataForm Validation

974433 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I would like to know if there is any possibility of Hyperion Planning don't save data changes before user add cell comments in some cells.

I have 2 accounts and one is the "original" ("Account") and the other is for adjustments ("Account Adj."). The original account is read-only and if users need to change values they will use the adjustments account. What i want is: After user introduce values in "Account Adj." he can't save data before add a cell comment explaining why he made the adjustment.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

We are using planning v. 11.1.2.1.

Thanks

Edited by: 971430 on Nov 15, 2012 12:55 PM
  • 1. Re: DataForm Validation
    Jake Turrell Expert
    This is only possible with custom JavaScript. It is not currently possible with the new "out-of-the-box" form validations. Custom JavaScript will not work within Smart View, so this only works if your users access Planning exclusively via the web.

Here's an old presentation I gave on custom JavaScript. This was written a while back, so certain functions may have changed.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/89348985/Planning_Custom_JavaScript_Essentials.pdf

Hope this helps,
    - Jake
  • 2. Re: DataForm Validation
    974433 Newbie
    Hi Jake,

Thanks for your response and your helpful file.

I'm glad to know that it's possible do what i want. What i'm searching it's something like the example that you did with supporting detail. I'll try to do something similar with cell comments.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Pedro

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points