2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 10:18 AM by 974433 RSS

DataForm Validation

I would like to know if there is any possibility of Hyperion Planning don't save data changes before user add cell comments in some cells.

I have 2 accounts and one is the "original" ("Account") and the other is for adjustments ("Account Adj."). The original account is read-only and if users need to change values they will use the adjustments account. What i want is: After user introduce values in "Account Adj." he can't save data before add a cell comment explaining why he made the adjustment.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

We are using planning v.

Edited by: 971430 on Nov 15, 2012 12:55 PM
        • 1. Re: DataForm Validation
          Jake Turrell
          This is only possible with custom JavaScript. It is not currently possible with the new "out-of-the-box" form validations. Custom JavaScript will not work within Smart View, so this only works if your users access Planning exclusively via the web.

Here's an old presentation I gave on custom JavaScript. This was written a while back, so certain functions may have changed.

Hope this helps,
          - Jake
          • 2. Re: DataForm Validation
            Hi Jake,

Thanks for your response and your helpful file.

I'm glad to know that it's possible do what i want. What i'm searching it's something like the example that you did with supporting detail. I'll try to do something similar with cell comments.

Once again, thanks for your help.