This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
and thanks to your reply. I did try using the currentRow instead of currentRow.dataProvider, but that didn't change anything. The Exception thrown is exactly the same.
My approach is similar to the one Shay Shmeltzer described in [this blog entry|https://blogs.oracle.com/shay/entry/updateinsert_with_adf_web_serv] from 2010, except that my web service was created like he described in this [this blog entry|https://blogs.oracle.com/shay/entry/developing_with_oracle_adf_mobile]
Edited by: 968387 on Nov 16, 2012 1:45 AM
If you created a Web srevice interface for ADF BC to do an update operation then when you create a data control on top of that WSDL you'll see that there is an object that represent the parameter to an update method at the top of the data control palette.
(something like: UpdateDepartmentsView_parameters)
Drag that object into your page to create a form.
Now drag the operation for the update, and it will automatically bind to that iterator.
Then you just need to update the values in the Form and they will be passed to the update operation.
And how do I get the current data then into that created form?
even if i fill out the form by hand, I still get the same Exception
I did try the web service with this testing tool, which appears when you access the service url in a browser. And still I get the same exception.
So there seems to be something wrong, ether with the webservice, or the BCs themselves. And as the Exception is a JBO-25020: RowNotFoundException, I think something is wrong with my BCs, because the database table does show one row with the given key!
In addition I don't receive any row, when I use the get-method, but I'm able to receive it, with a find-method.
This is what I get, when I call the get-method:
<env:EnvelopeEdited by: 968387 on Nov 19, 2012 2:40 AM
Edited by: 968387 on Nov 19, 2012 3:45 AM
Edited by: 968387 on Nov 19, 2012 4:43 AM
Thank you very much, shay, for your great efforts. I will definitely take a look at that blog post.
But I think, I just got it right. There was a bind variable with a checked 'required' property. And the viewcriteria which uses this bind variable was selected as standard, or so it seemed. So the generated query was wrong.
Nevertheless the above quoted exception was very misleading, as it said, there is now row with a specific key. But that row with that key was definitely there. The row with that key, and what ever value was assigned to that bind variable was missing.
After all, I want to thank for every ones efforts. I see, there is much to learn in the adf framework. And I hope you are not tired of providing support to newcomers.
very good video tutorial in your blog. Thank you!
Edited by: 968387 on Nov 20, 2012 1:06 AM