1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 9:54 AM by SChev RSS

Report Server name generated by Oracle Forms and Reports 11gR2 is too long

SChev
      Hello,

I am having trouble configuring Oracle Forms and Reports 11gR2 on RHEL 5.8 x64. WebLogic 10.3.6 is installed as well as the Forms and Reports software.

When I go to run the config.sh file I can run through the steps and setup the Domain/Middleware Home/etc without issue. However, the configuration process fails when trying to configure the Report Server Components. The install log says:

install2012-11-15_02-02-38PM.out:oracle.as.config.impl.SimpleProvisionException: Invalid component name: RptSvr_xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx. (Component name must begin with an alphabetic character; may only contain alphanumeric characters, or the underscore (_) or hyphen (-) characters; and must be 4 to 30 characters long.)

The xxxxx's are to protect the server identity which include the hostname.domain. The thing is, the report server name is generated by the configuration process. It isn't something I can name myself. How can I configure Forms and Reports 11gR2 so that the report server name is within 30 characters?

Edited by: SChev on Nov 15, 2012 1:06 PM