This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 11:13 AM by Bronko RSS

Fails Validation as a Non-Ragged Hierarchy

Bronko Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am using AWM 11.2.0.3.0A to maintain a level-based hierarchy. I'm loading from an 11.2.0.3 Oracle database. The maintenance job completes with a warning to check the rejected records log and then an error (when I un-check ragged/skip-level in the hierarchy implementation tab) indicating that the hierarchy fails as a non-ragged hierarchy. The maintenance job loads 1.2 million records and indicates that zero records were rejected.

The hierarchy structure is: TOT_DOC -> DOCUMENT -> VERBATIM -> SENTENCE

I have run as many commands that I can think of in the OLAP Worksheet and the hierarchy appears to be structured correctly, that is it appears to be a valid non-ragged hierarchy. I originally used a view as the source for the dimension but upon determining that a view would not return the REJECTED_RECORD, I converted the view to a table. Following is a sample of the twenty-four rows in the Rejected Records table:

ID     SEQ_NUMBER     ERROR#     ERROR_MESSAGE      RECORD#     SOURCE_ROW     REJECTED_RECORD
     7670     35573     ORA-35573: (XSRWLD09) An incoming dimension value is null.     56     (null)     NULL
     7670     35573     ORA-35573: (XSRWLD09) An incoming dimension value is null.     56     (null)     NULL
     7670     35573     ORA-35573: (XSRWLD09) An incoming dimension value is null.     277     (null)     NULL
     7670     35573     ORA-35573: (XSRWLD09) An incoming dimension value is null.     277     (null)     NULL
     7670     35573     ORA-35573: (XSRWLD09) An incoming dimension value is null.     121     (null)     NULL

So, I think I have a valid non-ragged hierarchy, but AWM does not agree. The maintenance job indicated zero rejected record, but the Rejected Records table contains twenty-four rows. Any assistance in helping me chase this down will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by: Bronko on Nov 16, 2012 11:12 AM

HIERSHAPE returns 'No' for 'ragged' 'Yes' for 'skiplevel' and 'Yes' for 'level'

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points