1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 2:08 AM by ChrisJenkins RSS

TimesTen Install

joebednarz
      I've struggled with this for a while now and it is driving me crazy....

First of all... I am new to TimesTen and we are attempting to do a proof of concept before licensing this product. We are looking at TimesTen 11.2.2 against an Oracle 11.2.0.3 database. TimesTen is installed on a RHEL 5.7 64-bit, and the database is on OL6 64-bit.

I started working with TimesTen following the examples found here: http://download.oracle.com/otn_hosted_doc/timesten/1121/quickstart/index.html

The first couple of times, it worked fine setting up cachegroups and testing with examples. Then when I started creating our business demo with actual customer data, I've found that something is messed up and I cannot seem to find enough information to trouble shoot.

Basically, I create the DSN and cachegroups fine... however, whenever I try to attach I get this message:

Command> call ttgridattach(1,'cachedb1', 'sdc-it-litam001.dev.msci.org', 9990);
      3344: Error creating grid threads: Agent is about to die
      The command failed.
      Command> Disconnecting...

Unfortunately, I've not been able to find much information to trouble shoot and was hoping someone on the forums could lend some insight.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: TimesTen Install
          ChrisJenkins
          You may be able to find more info on the error in the TimesTen daemon logs (look in <tt_install_dir>/info for the files tterrors.log and ttmesg.log). ALso check that the port number you have chosen (9990) is not already in use by something else and the hostname you are using (sdc-it-litam001.dev.msci.org) matches that returned by the hostname and uname commands.

Chris