This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 10:59 PM by AngeloHannes RSS

LOV in ADF Mobile

AngeloHannes Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I got a webservice exposing my ADF BC View Objects. Some attributes of the view objects are defined as List of Values. When I drop a that on a jsf page those attributes are shown as af:selectOneChoise. When I drop it on my amx page, it is shown as amx:inputText. But I would expect it to be an amx:selectOneChoice or an amx:selectOneButton. But it isn't.

In the Service Interface I checked the "Generate Control Hints Operation" Option.

Are lov not implemented yet in ADF Mobile?
  • 1. Re: LOV in ADF Mobile
    Joe Huang Journeyer
    Hi:

Control hints like LOV can't be passed from ADF BC's Service Interface into ADF Mobile application. ADF Mobile application relies on the WSDL exposed from the ADF BC Service interface to create corresponding Web Service Data Control, which has no automatic support for LOVs. Also, did you actually create these in two different applications? Your ADF BC and corresponding WSDLs should be in a web application, and ADF Mobile app in another. In the ADF Mobile app, you would create Web Services Data Controls to consume the WSDL exposed form ADF BC. Once you did that, when you drag-drop from Data Control to your AMX page, you will generally get an option to create a "selectOneChoice" component on your page.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Joe Huang
  • 2. Re: LOV in ADF Mobile
    AngeloHannes Newbie
    I do have two applications, like you said. One Webapplication, exposing the BCs as Webservice. And one Mobile Application consuming the Webservice via Webservice Data Control, created by the WSDL.

But I'm confused by your statements
    Joe Huang wrote:
    which has no automatic support for LOVs.
    Joe Huang wrote:you will generally get an option to create a "selectOneChoice" component on your page.
    Is there a support for LOVs in adf mobile via Webservice data controls?

Fact is, I don't get the option of the "selectOneChoice" when dropping the data control on my amx page.
  • 3. Re: LOV in ADF Mobile
    Shay Shmeltzer Employee ACE
    I don't get the option of the "selectOneChoice" when dropping the data control on my amx page.
    What specifically did you drag to your page?
    Try for example dragging the result object from a findLocationsView method.
  • 4. Re: LOV in ADF Mobile
    AngeloHannes Newbie
    I dropped the result of a findByViewCriteria-method on the amx page. And I just tried the same on a jsf page. Neither, gives me the option to use a choice-component.
    If I run the Application Module itself, which is exposed as Web Service, the LOVs seems to work correctly.
    So there must be something to check, or to configure in my service interface or SDO-defenition, which I didn't found yet.

btw.
    In the UI Categories Tab of my View Object I specified the order of the attributes and also the Label. But those, too, are ignored when I try to create a form ether on a jsf or amx page, but not when I'm running the AM itself.

any clues?

Edited by: 968387 on Nov 20, 2012 1:59 AM
  • 5. Re: LOV in ADF Mobile
    AngeloHannes Newbie
    any one?
  • 6. Re: LOV in ADF Mobile
    AngeloHannes Newbie
    So I think I got it.
    As Shay pointed out over here "The Web service won't have LOV defined on it just because those are defined in the ADF BC layer."

So I created the specific attributes which should be LOVs individually. Which made me also stuck for a while is, that it seems you can't use the result of a getByKey-method to populate the LOVs, instead you have to use the result of a find-method. Don't have a clue why, but the former result in a error something like "the target attribute is read-only".

But as always, thank you very much for your support!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points