2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 2:41 PM by W.Sura RSS

ASO Demo Question

W.Sura
      Hello All.

I have a question regarding an article posted in Oracle Magazine, that perhaps someone here will be able to answer.

The article is located here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/issue-archive/2010/10-sep/o50bi-165473.html

Having only worked with BSO applications, I'm brushing up on ASO. Thought I'd follow the exercise in the article above.

However, when I do the dataload, I receive: Aggregate storage applications ignore update to derived cells. [74776] cells skipped (as one would expect with ASO).

Then, when trying to create the first calc script in the article, I receive Error: 1012686 Calculation scripts are not supported in aggregate storage applications.

Both Essbase and EAS are 11.1.2.2.

What have I missed?

Thx,
      Bill
        • 1. Re: ASO Demo Question
          TimG
          If you're using the file and the outline from the article I suspect you can safely ignore that dataload warning. I assume from your comment that you already know what it means.

At exactly what point in the process do you receive the 'Calculation scripts are not supported...' error? I can use the EAS editor to create and then 'Save As' calculation scripts to ASOsamp in my 11.1.2.2 environment, but I get that error if I try to validate. The EAS editor is not really much use for creating ASO scripts anyway.
          • 2. Re: ASO Demo Question
            W.Sura
            Thanks Tim. That's the problem. Didn't know I couldn't validate.