This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 11:19 AM by matthew_morris RSS

About Oracle Database OCA certification

847315 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Oracle certification team, i'm planing to pass the OCA 11g: Exam 1Z0-051 & 1Z0-052, using OCA Oracle Database 11g:
Administration I Exam Guide (Exam 1Z0-052) book
and SQL Fundamentals I Exam Guide (Exam 1Z0-051) book
from OSBORNE Mc Graw HILL,
would u pls let me know whether these books are enough
  • 1. Re: About Oracle Database OCA certification
    matthew_morris Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    i'm planing to pass the OCA 11g: Exam 1Z0-051 & 1Z0-052
    Planning to pass is a good start. I generally recommend against planning to fail.

would u pls let me know whether these books are enough
    I can tell you that people have used those books as sources and passed the tests. People have also used those books and failed the tests. The source used to study for the exam matters much less than does the person doing the studying. If the question that you are asking is whether those books contain sufficient information in them for someone to use them to pass the exam, then the answer is a resounding yes. That said, I always recommend using multiple sources when studying for certifications. You can find a number of links to free study sources -- such as the relevant Oracle manuals, Oracle Learning Library articles and other such material at www.oraclecertificationprep.com. Click into 'Exam Info' and then select the test you are interested in. For example, for 1Z0-052, the site contains links to the following OLL articles:

Installing the Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Software and Creating a Database
    Improving Memory Management with Automatic Memory Management for Database 11g Release 2
    Using SQL Repair Advisor to analyze and repair a SQL crash
    Using the Data Recovery Advisor with Database 11g Release 2
    Using SQL Access Advisor for Partitioning Advice
    Installing Oracle Database 11g Release 1 on Linux
    Using Automatic SQL Tuning
    Use the AWR System Moving Window
    Oracle Database 11g 2 Day DBA OBE Series
    Installing Oracle Database 11g Release 1 on Windows
    Improving SQL Statement Tuning with Automatic SQL Tuning for Database 11g Release 2
    Monitoring SQL Statements in Real Time Using Enterprise Manager Database Console
    Creating Baselines
    Installing Oracle Software and Building the Database for Database 11g Release 2
    Using Automatic Memory Management

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points