2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 2:38 PM by Ahsan Shah RSS

DAC and Informatica repository migration

Lombo
      From a DEV environment to a QA environment f.example.
      a) For informatica, I believe that after installing server in new environment I can in the Import contents step just import a previous backup from DEV repository
      b) For DAC I understand that I also can use the export (from DEV) and Import in QA.

I believe that in both cases I do NOT need to import the standard repository ... correct ? I can in that step just use the backup from my DEV environment... Am I correct ?

Txs for any help.
      Antonio
        • 1. Re: DAC and Informatica repository migration
          Srini VEERAVALLI
          From a DEV environment to a QA environment f.example.
          a) For informatica, I believe that after installing server in new environment I can in the Import contents step just import a previous backup from DEV repository
          ---> You suppose to backup the repository from DEV and keep in Backup folder in QA and use restore it from Admin console

b) For DAC I understand that I also can use the export (from DEV) and Import in QA.
          -->Export and Import (using client) once you create db connection with dac db user and followed by server config.

I believe that in both cases I do NOT need to import the standard repository ... correct ? I can in that step just use the backup from my DEV environment... Am I correct ?

-->You no need OOB rep for both unless you have custom changes in DEV.

If helps pls mark as correct/helpful else let me/us know for questions
          • 2. Re: DAC and Informatica repository migration
            Ahsan Shah
            Answers to your questions:

Q: I believe that in both cases I do NOT need to import the standard repository ... correct ?
            A: CORRECT. But for DAC...you may want to ensure you do LOGICAL only so that your connections are not overwritten in the target env. INFA is just a full import.

If helpful, pls mark as helpful/correct