So I downloaded from edelivery the following:Correct.
1. Oracle Linux Release 6 Update 3 Media Pack for x86_64 (64 bit)
2. Oracle VM 3.1.1 Media Pack for x86_64 (64 bit)
3. Oracle VM Templates for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.3 Vision Media Pack for x86 (64 bit)
My hardware configuration is as follows:
OS : Windows 7 (64 bit)
HarDisk: 500 GB
RAM : 8 GB RAM (which I will make it 12 GB for use of EBS)
I came to know that Oracle VM on installing will wipe out the host OS Windows 7 from my laptop. That was quite a hit for me to hear after a painful week of downloading the above files.
A colleague of mine told me to use Oracle VirtualBox instead, install Linux and then Oracle EBS, but I won't be able to Install Oracle VM Template for Oracle EBS and it needs modification.Please see these docs/links
I am a Technical EBS Consultant and would like to know more about installation of Oracle EBS both for:
1. Oracle VM Template for EBS
2. Oracle EBS installation in Oracle VirtualBox
3. If it is possible to install Oracle VM Template for Oracle EBS in Oracle VirtaulBox, if yes what modification needs to done
Would appreciate, if someone has gone through the above installation could please guide me to the correct resource and share with me their expeirence. This will help me.
MikeLi wrote:Please see my reply in this thread -- Re: Can I use OVM templates with VirtualBox
I have a DELL laptop with same config as your (although max RAM is 8GB so I cannot add more even if I want). I also attempted to install R12 EBS and got stuck on the same issue that Oracle VM will wipe out the host. It is impossible for me as I use my laptop for other things.
I saw online article to install VM Manager on Virtualbox and then Install R12 templates on the VM Manager. But I have concern about 8G RAM and 500G disk to host VM Manager, R12 database and Application layers, so I want to ensure it will work before investing more time.
I wonder if you have gone through with Virtualbox to install R12 EBS and found any issues with it?