This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2012 2:16 AM by NeerajSehgal RSS

File Size Increase

671438 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have a BPEL process that receives an XML fro Oracle Transportation Management and then forwards it onto a Tibco engine. The problem is it formats the XML with carriage returns and indenting (pretty-print)thus drastically increasing the size of the XML. We are not doing anything to manipulate the data just routing to the appropriate engine. Any settings that might be causing this?
  • 1. Re: File Size Increase
    veejai24 Pro
    Share your transformation file, payload and schema files to take a look at the issue.

Thanks,
    Vijay
  • 2. Re: File Size Increase
    671438 Newbie
    Vijay, forgive my ignorance but are looking for log files or Jdev project files or both?
  • 3. Re: File Size Increase
    veejai24 Pro
    Iam looking for JDev Project files. If you are getting any error messages in log, we can investgate that aswell.

Thanks,
    Vijay
  • 4. Re: File Size Increase
    671438 Newbie
    I just noticed that attachments are not allowed. How do you want me to share the files? We are not getting any error messages, everything is working as expected the files just get formatted.
  • 5. Re: File Size Increase
    NeerajSehgal Journeyer
    Hi Paul,

Not sure but looks like some encoding issue.

- Are you able to see proper XML file before BPEL processes it?
    - Are you able to transfer some dummy manually created XML file properly? This will diagnose if this is an issue with Transport Management system.
    - Are you reading the file as Attachment or Opaque element or through Schema? If using attachment, are you using any character-set and encoding? I'd suggest using Attachment option for simple file move without any encoding or character-set options.

Please update on the above to look into this.

Regards,
    Neeraj Sehgal

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points